Q about downloading patches/presets

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

Long time viewer and user of this excellent resource and recent member.

Relativley new to home recording and this site has been just amazing for free vstis and fx.

Anyway, downloaded a patch for Crystal synth the other day and I'm not sure what went wrong - if anything.

Basically, I put the patch into the Crystal folder and when I opened Crystal in a project, great, they were there - but at the espense of the existing presets which I seem to have lost! I thought the new sounds would be there with the original ones - am I doing somthing wrong or is this normal?

Thanks in advance

When adding new patch banks to Crystal, did you follow the general guidelines stated at Green Oak page?

I dunno if you have created a "CrystaPatchBanks" folder?:
After you download and uncompress [patchs banks] into .fxb files, you can use the bank loading feature of your VST host to load them into Crystal.

A more powerful way to use them is to put them into your CrystalPatchBanks folder. If you haven't already done so, create a folder named "CrystalPatchBanks". On windows, put the CrystalPatchBanks folder into the plugins folder where you have Crystal.dll. On OSX, put the CrystalPatchBanks folder into the <system disk>/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Crystal folder. (On OSX 10.7 and above, to locate the Library folder in the Finder: hold the Option key while selecting Library from the Finder's Go menu).

After you've put the .fxb files into your CrystalPatchBanks folder, start up your host, load Crystal into it, then look for the Banks Menu in the Browse tab (in the Patches section) on the Modulation page. Choose a bank from that menu, and browse through the patches by making selections from the Patches menu. You can find a tutorial for Crystal's Patch browser here.

http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/patches.html

Try clicking on Banks dropdown and select Banks, then use the dropdown just below copy (about halfway down below the Crystal logo). This should bring the original Crystal bank back. Not very elegant but it works. Also when you save a project it should call up the appropriate bank.

@ Numanoid - No, have to admit I didn't even notice that...

:oops:

Thanks to you and Bob. I should really pay more attention rather than steaming ahead with this stuff!

So I guess this is the story with patches generally and not just for Crystal?

Firedance wrote:@ Numanoid - No, have to admit I didn't even notice that...

:oops:

Thanks to you and Bob. I should really pay more attention rather than steaming ahead with this stuff!

So I guess this is the story with patches generally and not just for Crystal?
depends on which one youre using. some of them require that you load banks separately, some just need you to put them in specific location and will show all banks at the same time from within the patch/bank browser.
ImageImageImage

OK - thanks for that!

Return to “Instruments”