Fragmented Memories of a Disturbing Dream

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I took some time out to play with my toys for a change:

http://soundcloud.com/dan-worrall/fragm ... ories-of-a
Last edited by IIRs on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Very original beat, solid and different from my usual kind of stuff.
I enjoyed this adventure

Cheers

Very cool stuff
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Thanks guys :)

Nicely glitched chillout combining some great sounds. I thought that the overall effect/sound of this was quite original.

Good work :)

Interesting track. Disturbing indeed.

Cool, I really liked the percussions,a bit eastern sounding and totally hypnotic.

Glad you like it, thanks for taking the time to listen :)

I like it, mildly disturbing, even on the ears. I kept thinking my wi-if was breaking up :)
Seriously interesting concept and rhythm. Great job!

Very 'tribal' in places.

The sound design here is outstanding.
The chopped up vocal like sound later in the track really adds a lush quality to the nerve like shredding.

This is the first track I heard in the KVR cafe which grabbed me by the balls and wouldn't let go. :-o

...now....a transcendental happening...as you track stopped, the soundcloud player started playing a folky song by some Mimi O'Malley. A very sweet song, I admit, which just yanked me back from the sonic assault I've just experienced. Almost like I've been yanked out of my body, or rather pushed back into it. :-o
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:The sound design here is outstanding.
Thankyou! That complement means a lot coming from you...

Actually it was surprisingly quick and easy to make: I started with a basic arrangement using a Reaktor ensemble of my own design plus microtonic for drums, DIVA chords, Twin2 sub-bass, and an algorithmic FM bells type patch from AD Axon.

Then I bought a copy of AD Automaton from the marketplace, and dropped a few instances into the arrangement on the Reaktor drum bus, the Axon and DIVA tracks, a reverb return, and another over the whole mix. I had only half understood how to use the plug when suddenly all this crazy cool stuff started to appear: I rendered 4 versions (all different due to the algorithmic nature of the processing), then edited them together to create the arrangement above, then added a sprinkling of Alchemy (the pad at the start and the voice-like sounds at the end) and flew in some delay and reverb effects 'live' using midi controllers. <edit> Forgot to mention The Drop!

I think the hardest part was probably the Spectral editing stage in Wavelab, to remove / tame the nasty loud clicks that Automaton added along with many of the glitches...
himalaya wrote:...now....a transcendental happening...as you track stopped, the soundcloud player started playing a folky song by some Mimi O'Malley. A very sweet song, I admit, which just yanked me back from the sonic assault I've just experienced. Almost like I've been yanked out of my body, or rather pushed back into it. :-o
Mimi is a client of mine, and also my first choice of session player when sax or clarinet are required: I probably recorded that song that followed it...

My studio has been quite popular with folky acoustic types of clients like that, or guitar bands, with little call for synths or crazy glitch effects: it made a nice change for me to spend a few hours playing with that kind of stuff without having to then create a tutorial from the results. :hihi:

IIRs wrote:
I think the hardest part was probably the Spectral editing stage in Wavelab, to remove / tame the nasty loud clicks that Automaton added along with many of the glitches...
That's an interesting approach (applying spectral editing to parts of the master mix). I haven't tried it yet. A good tip!

Mimi is a client of mine, and also my first choice of session player when sax or clarinet are required: I probably recorded that song that followed it...
So there's more to the coincidence then at first appears! :-)

My studio has been quite popular with folky acoustic types of clients like that, or guitar bands, with little call for synths or crazy glitch effects: it made a nice change for me to spend a few hours playing with that kind of stuff without having to then create a tutorial from the results. :hihi:
:D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

IIRs wrote: it made a nice change for me to spend a few hours playing with that kind of stuff without having to then create a tutorial from the results. :hihi:
.......but if push comes to shove.......... :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”