Cthulhu looks interesting.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trusampler wrote:I'm just curious, is there a simple way to import say an entire midi file vs using the advanced learn mode. I see there's an option under Menu that says "Import Midi File" but when I try it, it does nothing.
MIDI Files need to be type0 (single-track).

Your mileage may vary, but I tend get better results importing MIDI in to the host first and editing the chords to be as you like (as a lot of MIDI files will have a lot of melody notes, etc). Once the chords are to your liking, you can either export a Type0 MIDI file, or you can just click Learn in Cthulhu and play the chords in.

Both methods (import MIDI, or Learn) behave in the same manner; you'll want to set the desired start key for your chords (alt-click on piano to move red-blip/current chord slot).

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

In live8 and ftl 10 Cthulhu works perfectly for me,
my host is renoise, Here is my test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrH-6HQaCnk

Cthulhu of course can't work miracles if given incorrect/irregular time-position.

Maybe you should narrow down the problem:

is Cthulhu fine directly in Renoise? (seemed fine here back when I tested it)
is Cthulhu fine inside Mux in one of your other hosts?

I tested mux in live8, same problem.
mux does not transmit clock correctly?

bitcrusher wrote:
trusampler wrote:I'm just curious, is there a simple way to import say an entire midi file vs using the advanced learn mode. I see there's an option under Menu that says "Import Midi File" but when I try it, it does nothing.
MIDI Files need to be type0 (single-track).

Your mileage may vary, but I tend get better results importing MIDI in to the host first and editing the chords to be as you like (as a lot of MIDI files will have a lot of melody notes, etc). Once the chords are to your liking, you can either export a Type0 MIDI file, or you can just click Learn in Cthulhu and play the chords in.

Both methods (import MIDI, or Learn) behave in the same manner; you'll want to set the desired start key for your chords (alt-click on piano to move red-blip/current chord slot).

Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu
bitcrusher, thanks for the reply

Grodada wrote:I tested mux in live8, same problem.
mux does not transmit clock correctly?
It seems flawless here with MUX demo and Live8 / Cthulhu 1.01b7
I tried both audio and MIDI out from MUX, seems great.

Verify you are using the latest Cthulhu (click CTHULHU logo)
Verify you are using the latest Mux (says 5.0.37 here)
Then perhaps send me an .ALS so I can see what it is you're talking about in Live.

It is Cthulhu 1.01b6 version , for mux I did not buy(demo version two day ago), my protocol is the same as that of renoise, the warp marker of resampling shows the same lag; my os is windows xp sp3 32bit (intel processor).Cthulhu is inside mux then I resample, .als for audio(bounce) or vsti?

http://cjoint.com/?3BdoQwFY434

Grodada wrote:It is Cthulhu 1.01b6 version , for mux I did not buy(demo version two day ago), my protocol is the same as that of renoise
What samplerate are you running at?
Mux is reporting a host samplerate of 44100 even when it is not, which would be causing Cthulhu's arp to run fast at any samplerate above 44100.

-Steve
Xfer | Cthulhu

I had a fewe feature requests:

Somehow allow the gate to be modulated by an external audio signal, like the audio from a drum signal.

It would be nice to have an easier way of entering longer notes than alt-click since I use it a lot and have one hand on a midi keyboard at the time, and have to move hands constantly.

On the Note Sel view it would be nice to be able to select more than one number per beat, allowing chords/partial chords to be voiced where you want them with more precision than using the Chord button.

Anyhow, I'm loving Cthulhu and using it every day. I personally use the arp most.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm gonna buy this one now, but let me just say that
the BACH chords and such are not very inspirational to me...

I know I can make my own with tonespace for example, anyone
done that and shared with the community?

aharu wrote:I'm gonna buy this one now, but let me just say that
the BACH chords and such are not very inspirational to me...
I know I can make my own with tonespace for example, anyone
done that and shared with the community?
There are some chord presets shared by users in the Cthulhu forum, but not many yet. I'll be including a bank of diatonic chord presets in an update soon, which are very useful for sticking to a particular key and doing more diatonic modulation!

That sounds f-ckin brilliant, and the app has been bought!

manducator wrote:
Resonator63 wrote:I wonder if there'll be a 64bit version?
If it was 64bit i'd get it.
Agree. A no-brainer when it's 64-bit.
if it is a 32bit plugin it doesn't work on a 64bit os and daw ?

ocmtime wrote:
manducator wrote:
Resonator63 wrote:I wonder if there'll be a 64bit version?
If it was 64bit i'd get it.
if it is a 32bit plugin it doesn't work on a 64bit os and daw ?
It is 64 bit, comes with both. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

It is 64 bit, comes with both. :)
There were a couple major 64-bit bugs with the v1.0 release. The demo has these problems fixed, and of course same goes for customers who can download the 1.01b6 in the Cthulhu forum!

-Steve

Return to “Effects”