Allomerus - So Long Ago - Jazz/blues/industrial/metal - Video Link Added

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So Long Ago is a song about history, which is probably pretty obvious from the title. The song is a mixture of genres: jazz/blues/industrial and finally some metal.
This is the second track from "In View In The Shade" our second album.

http://youtu.be/gVRuZ7uGgRU

http://allomerus.bandcamp.com/track/so-long-ago

http://soundcloud.com/allomerus/so-long-ago-allomerus
Last edited by Allomerus on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Something I've noticed on your tracks is that they have an almost "live" sound, which gives them a very "authentic" feel. This track is no exception.
I like the different sections on here. The blues stuff is especially enjoyable. It was almost reminiscent of the first Tull album. Great rhythm section and nice jobs with the vox and guitars too.

Good work :)

you have a unique thing happening here ...
you seem to be feeling your way towards something ...
i felt like ending my listening experience several times , but choose to hang on a bit ...
something kept me drawn in ... i ended up w/ a positive feeling about the track ...
it's not like anything else i've heard 'round these parts ...

seismic1 wrote:Something I've noticed on your tracks is that they have an almost "live" sound, which gives them a very "authentic" feel. This track is no exception.
I like the different sections on here. The blues stuff is especially enjoyable. It was almost reminiscent of the first Tull album. Great rhythm section and nice jobs with the vox and guitars too.

Good work :)
Thanks seismic1. The live sound is something I try to capture, my brother and I both like the musicality that playing live can bring to the song. Mind you some sections need to be sequenced for precision. ;)

I've always like the blues and the emotions it brings from a simple 'formula'. However the formula might be easy but getting it right isn't. I am glad you enjoyed those sections.

Thanks for listening.

PS
Soundcloud link now added.
Bandcamp

normal wrote:you have a unique thing happening here ...
you seem to be feeling your way towards something ...
i felt like ending my listening experience several times , but choose to hang on a bit ...
something kept me drawn in ... i ended up w/ a positive feeling about the track ...
it's not like anything else i've heard 'round these parts ...
Thanks for listening normal and for your supportive comments.
I like the idea that music can surprise and that listeners can be rewarded by listening so it was great to read your thoughts.
Bandcamp

Perhaps not quite as on-the-edge raw as some of your others but still, wow!, very creative and retains that great live vibe as Tim mentions. Top stuff, bravo! :tu:
Image Image

Thanks for your comments polyslax, glad you enjoyed it. This one is not meant to be as edgy as 'on the edge' but more of a smooth jazzy sound although there is the industrial drum kit to give it something extra, and a bit of metal. ;)
Bandcamp

Added link to a video I made for this track.
The video is a mixture of stills, archive footage, time lapse and stop motion.
Bandcamp

This is pretty cool sounding stuff. Kind of pink floyd sounding in some parts!

Cool
:borg:

This is some real cool shit
Anti-Ear-Ball Breakin
Soundcloud // YouTube

Very nice!

Thanks for listening and for the comments! Interesting that you heard floyd in it vort3x. I guess you mean Barrett era?
Bandcamp

some of the most interesting and original stuff i heard on here...what a trip! :ud: :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Wow! Thanks layzer. I am glad you find our music interesting.
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”