Accessing CRX3 sounds from CRX4 ?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I have around 1.5GB of factory sounds for CRX3.

Are these replicated on the full version of CRX4 or do I need to do something extra to play them in v4 ?

thanks
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

I think this has been talked about before. I was watching it very carefully as I also have a lot of things for x3. I believe ultimately the outcome was: keep your x3 installed and run it alongside x4 if you need your older sounds to be exact, otherwise you would need to convert. This last part I'm not 100% sure about as I didn't want to have to play around with things so I just kept the older version installed.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

CrX 4 has a reworked factory library, this means it contains some of the CronoX 3 sounds as they were in that version, some have been reworked and some have been kicked out (and many new have been added). There is no way (and no need) to convert CronoX 3 sounds, you can load them into CrX4, just the sound is not always exactly the same (see here for more on that: http://tinyurl.com/ayqq38y).
Last edited by Peter from LinPlug on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, Peter. That was actually very helpful and it seems like it couldn't be easier! Does this also apply to Sophistry sounds?

I had kept both versions installed based on the discussion in one of the threads where Theo was specifically asking about Sophistry, etc.

Sophistry does not appear in the CrX4 library at all.

Oh, okay. So it sounds like I did the correct thing on my end, after all... which is keeping CRX3 for the Sophistry sounds and CRX4 for everything else. I'm glad this topic came up. THANK YOU! :)

Peter from LinPlug wrote:CrX 4 has a reworked factory library, this means it contains some of the CronoX 3 sounds as they were in that version, some have been reworked and some have been kicked out (and many new have been added). There is no way (and no need) to concert CronoX 3 sounds, you can load them into CrX4, just the sound is not always exactly the same (see here for more on that: http://tinyurl.com/ayqq38y).
Thanks

So should I keep the libraries separate, and just navigate to CXR3 presets in CRX4 when required ?
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

Thats the safe way, yes. If you were like me, I have a bank (a folder) with favorite sounds, I just copied those into the CrX4 banks folder and now have them in CrX4, however, this might not be a good idea with a whole large library (at least you would have to make sure you not overwrite CrX4 sounds with CronoX sounds with the same name).
Hope this helps

Return to “LinPlug”