Cubasis for iPad arrives...

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Could anyone provide some advice on setting up Cubasis to send midi to play an instrument in Thumbjam?

So far, I created a midi track in Cubasis and selected Thumbjam as the midi-out. In Thumbjam under MIDI Input connections I've selected Cubasis and clicked the Voice Input button. When I play the keyboard in Cubasis, I'm still hearing a Cubasis instrument and not the instrument loaded in Thumbjam. I've tried specifying a specific Cubasis midi-out and Thumbjam midi-in channel rather than "All", but I get the same result.

I notice the Cubasis manual mentions a "Midi-Out Active" setting, but I don't see that in the app itself.

Any help appreciated! :-)

The next update to Cubasis has been sent to Apple apparently and will be available for download within a week or two.

Cubasis has helped me come to the realisation of just how brilliant NanoStudio is. :hihi:

I'll keep an eye on Cubasis though. There's plenty of room for improvement.

I'm not sure if Cubasis projects would import on my system correctly, so would anyone be willing to post a demo Cubasis project that I can try importing?

Now with audiobus .... that was fast :)

But I don't see an in app purchase for retrologue and padshop pro.

Works well, play midi out to Magellan (0r other synth etc). and record straight back into an audio track :)
Instant human just add coffee

It's seems that compensation is done for a 512 samples buffer. If I set audiobus to 256 samples the audio is too early.
(sending midi from cubasis to animoog and recording back into cubasis).

Also I wasn't able to send the midi from cubasis to steppolyarp -> animoog. It's steppolyarp that doesn't get the midi from cubasis.
Maybe user error.

Anyway this is pretty cool stuff, would love to see audiobus to handle the midi as well, at least midi clock.

Because of the new update that has Audiobus support, I finally decided to purchase Cubasis and I am really impressed. This is by far the best iPad DAW for Audiobus, I was a bit pissed having to spend £35 but in the end it was well worth it.

mbncp wrote:It's seems that compensation is done for a 512 samples buffer. If I set audiobus to 256 samples the audio is too early.
(sending midi from cubasis to animoog and recording back into cubasis).

Also I wasn't able to send the midi from cubasis to steppolyarp -> animoog. It's steppolyarp that doesn't get the midi from cubasis.
Maybe user error.

Anyway this is pretty cool stuff, would love to see audiobus to handle the midi as well, at least midi clock.
it doesn't send midi to steppolyarp because cubasis doesn't send/receive midi clock...

Crabshack wrote:
it doesn't send midi to steppolyarp because cubasis doesn't send/receive midi clock...
I was actually trying to send notes to steppolyarp to trigger the arp, not sure why it didn't work, external sync disabled.

Did Steinberg say anything about implementing midi clock out ? That's badly missing.
I doubt that they will implement clock input as this has disapeared from cubase a long time ago. I understand that no host really wants to be driven by an erratic external clock, but some host can handle it pretty well.

i'm sure midi clock will come sooner or later but since the midi clock timing mostly sucks big time on iOS...i don't take care that much.

does anyone know where i can find my recorded audiofiles in the media bay??The manual says it should be in the audio folder but there are only all the preset loops.i would like to ACP them to Auria.They're sitting in the edit screen so they have to be somewhere...

another problem:i can't get the Nanokey 2 to work with cubasis and other synths via virtual midi.When i use the cubasis keyboard (on animoog,sunrizer,Nlog,DM1...)everything works fine and as expected but nothing works with nanokey (yes,i set all in and outputs correct).And the Nanokey works with the Cubasis internal instruments but NOT with the "external" one.

You can delete a clip, then restore it from trash and it will appear under audio.
Or create a mixdown with separate files and copy from there.
I don't see a better way, also be carefull with deleting/undoing as It looks a bit buggy sometimes.

For the midi I don't know, I also had no luck sending notes to polyarp, maybe some compatibility problem with some apps ?

I realise that with virtual midi and audiobus there will external sources of instruments, but does anyone have any samples of what the cubasis internal instruments are like eg: piano and strings... Compared to say GarageBand ?

Grb.

mbncp wrote:You can delete a clip, then restore it from trash and it will appear under audio.
Or create a mixdown with separate files and copy from there.
I don't see a better way, also be carefull with deleting/undoing as It looks a bit buggy sometimes.

For the midi I don't know, I also had no luck sending notes to polyarp, maybe some compatibility problem with some apps ?
thanks,it seems the cubasis project file is self contained,so all relevant files are in there and not accessable via cubasis.Not a bad thing at all,prevents me from deleting file by accident.But makes more work to ACP files to Auria.Theres another trick as well.Open the audiofile (in the edit screen) by double click and select"save to media bay".

@grb:sorry,did not test any of the internal sounds yet.Now,with BS-16i on the bus i might never do it :)

Still need a Drumsampler with Audiobus and virtual midi.Where are they??I really have enough synth now (though i'm still waiting for addictive synths entering the bus)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”