T4 & windows xp

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flamin-gitaur wrote:Ok, so I've loaded the demo on my XP SP3 machine, I imported a project that I've been working on in T2, and works fine it T2. I have 3 tracks that are summed to a separate track for mixing, but every time I hit play it crashes. I decided to re-route the track output of those 3 tracks to the mains, and everything plays good. As soon as I try sending the output of one track to the input of another, it doesn't like that. FWIW I eliminated all filters I had on all the tracks just to eliminate that element. I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary that would cause it to crash. I'm not sure what's happening :shrug:
Does messing with the number of cores used by T make a difference?
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
flamin-gitaur wrote:Ok, so I've loaded the demo on my XP SP3 machine, I imported a project that I've been working on in T2, and works fine it T2. I have 3 tracks that are summed to a separate track for mixing, but every time I hit play it crashes. I decided to re-route the track output of those 3 tracks to the mains, and everything plays good. As soon as I try sending the output of one track to the input of another, it doesn't like that. FWIW I eliminated all filters I had on all the tracks just to eliminate that element. I can't see anything that looks out of the ordinary that would cause it to crash. I'm not sure what's happening :shrug:
Does messing with the number of cores used by T make a difference?

Good call, actually yes, changing from 2 to 1 cured that. Now the only other thing is that upon import, the tracks are slightly out of sync, but if I recall correctly, the same thing happened in T3.

flamin-gitaur wrote: Good call, actually yes, changing from 2 to 1 cured that.
Right, so that's probably an XP thing. If you make a brand new edit, can you make it crash reliably by using more than one core and track routing? If so, that something that at the very least people who want to use T4 on XP will need to be aware of until Jules fixes it.

valley wrote:
Right, so that's probably an XP thing. If you make a brand new edit, can you make it crash reliably by using more than one core and track routing? If so, that something that at the very least people who want to use T4 on XP will need to be aware of until Jules fixes it.
OK, I recorded two separate tracks (track 1, track 2)with no filters other than the default level meter and volume/pan filter. I had the setting on 1 core and routed both tracks individually and together to a separate track (track 3 submix) and all went well. When I switched to 2 core, I first routed track 1 to track 3 and it was fine, but as soon as I added track 2 to track 3............pooof. I tried this 3 different times and I got the same results. So it seems like routing more than one track to a submix is causing something to lock up.

flamin-gitaur wrote:
valley wrote:
OK, I recorded two separate tracks (track 1, track 2)with no filters other than the default level meter and volume/pan filter. I had the setting on 1 core and routed both tracks individually and together to a separate track (track 3 submix) and all went well. When I switched to 2 core, I first routed track 1 to track 3 and it was fine, but as soon as I added track 2 to track 3............pooof. I tried this 3 different times and I got the same results. So it seems like routing more than one track to a submix is causing something to lock up.
Great stuff. Thanks. I appreciate the exact walk-thru as it let me reproduce exactly what you're doing on my Mac. For the record, I can't get it to fail the way you are, but with all 8 cores active, and a little extra fiddling I can create reproducible dead-locks. I'll pass this on to Jules.

Hi there,

I have T4 demo working fine under Windows XP SP3 except that I get the following Windows Error message whenever I go to the Settings Tab/Page, or anything at all contained within the Settings Page:

"Exception Processing Message c0000013 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c"

If I select "Continue" twice then it carries on as if nothing went wrong. Annoying.

Also one time when I closed the programme I got the Windows Programme Failed, report error message. There had been no obvious error in close down, but when I reopened T4 the colour scheme had reverted to the default one.

Hope this information is useful in tracking down bug solutions.

Any ideas about that?
*bump*

headquest wrote:Any ideas about that?
*bump*
This might help, but might not: http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index ... opic=36697
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks for the link.

I only get this message using Tracktion. Based on the info it might be to do with Quick Time, which I believe Tracktion uses. Although Ableton uses Quick Tine and I've not had this error.

Will download the latest Tracktion build and see if it is any better.

Cheers :tu:

I'm quite certain that Tracktion does not use QuickTime. 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:I'm quite certain that Tracktion does not use QuickTime. 8)
Pretty sure it does, for the movie scoring stuff. Unless that changed at some point, and I missed it.

But it's not massively relevant, that error isn't necessarily anything to do with quicktime, if you read the links properly.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

quick time showing on this page http://www.tracktion.com/features/compose/

chico.co.uk wrote:
Integratron wrote:I'm quite certain that Tracktion does not use QuickTime. 8)
Pretty sure it does, for the movie scoring stuff. Unless that changed at some point, and I missed it.

But it's not massively relevant, that error isn't necessarily anything to do with quicktime, if you read the links properly.
I see your point. Perhaps that is the root of his problem.

T4 offers QuickTime support however QuickTime is not needed to run T4 like, for example, Amplitube. :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Tracktion doesn't use quicktime for any audio stuff, just if you want to have videos played back in sync with your audio. I don't know what the case is with T4, whether the video playback engine has changed, I expect it hasn't.

As I mentioned, this error specifically occurs when I go to the "settings" tab in T4. Weird.

Anyway, hope this might be useful to those beta testing and debugging the XP version.

Return to “Tracktion”