Confirm? Nuendo 5.5 export issue: third-party ARP plugins - No sound on export

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Wondering if any KVR members out there running Nuendo 5.5 can confirm this issue. (tried steinberg forums, three weeks later still no responses) :(

Here's the basic setup:
A project with 2 instrument tracks - one track is a VSTi synth (issue occurs regardless of synth), and the other track is a third-party ARP plugin (issue appears regardless of plugin - tried ARPG8R, Numerology, Hypercyclic, and Kirnu).

1) Input routing to VSTi synth is spec'd as MIDI out from ARP plugin.

2) Add a couple of long midi notes to the ARP track.

3) Activate 'monitor' button on VSTi track, and hit 'play'

4) Arpeggiated notes are heard as expected inside of Nuendo.

5) Go to File>Export>Audio Mixdown and export. Resultant audio file is silent. The notes being triggered by the arpeggiator in the project are not included in the audio mixdown.

NOTE: However, in v4.3 and v5.1.1, exporting audio produces the desired (and expected) result - the arpeggiated VSTi notes were included in the final audio file - just as they were heard in the project. Again,this is not the case in 5.5.

additional notes: Tried realtime export - no luck. When using Steinberg's built-in Arpache directly on VSTi track (as midi insert) the ARP information IS included in final audio file.

Again, confirmation of this on someone else's system would be dynamite. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong on my end!

Any help or insight appreciated!
- DE

Using Nuendo 5.5.5 *(issue appears in earlier versions of 5.5 as well), OSX 10.6.7

TTT

Anybody...?

Can you not bounce the ARP midi data to a midi track?
Will give you a midi file with the ARP notes which you can then play via chosen vst.

Hi Eauson,

First, thanks for the response - much appreciated!

Yeah, you can bounce, but in earlier versions of Nuendo (pre 5.5) you didn't have to add that step.

You could just export the audio and any ARP controlled instruments would render their part accordingly.

I was mainly trying to verify the behavior, and whether or not this failure to export the arp-controlled parts is happening for anyone using Nuendo 5.5, or it's just an issue on my end.

I just realized, I'd also be curious to know if anyone using the latest version of Cubase could verify this behavior...?

Cheers!
- DE

Am unable to verify the problem as I'm stuck in nuendo 2, would like to have upgraded but they changed their deal by making the nek an additional component.
Am now looking for a new daw to go 64bit.

Hopefully someone will have an answer

Thanks again Eauson! Hopefully someone can confirm or offer additional insight.

(agree about the NEK deal - seems an odd approach that they removed features on an upgrade and then made you pay to get them back IIRC)

Cheers! :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”