Official Engl ampsim from Brainworx/Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Someone posted this link on another forum

http://www.englamps.de/index.php?id=265

I guess it is not too surprising based on the Brainworx Rockrack ampsim modeling a channel of an Engl amp.

I have rockrack and it's a little meh. The "530" and the "A" green cab is great, but it get's bland beyond that. I don't know what this will be like, but I doubt I'll be shelling (in fact, my rockrack is likely for sale :) )

There is another digital anvil and a tyrant coming soon too (Ignite amps).

Who cares what it sounds like though an amp cabinet :x :x :x :x

Where's the demo!!!! :x

:wheee:

The bright sounds are awful. The darker chug stuff is pretty good.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

hibidy wrote:Who cares what it sounds like though an amp cabinet :x :x :x :x

Where's the demo!!!! :x

:wheee:
Typical NAMM show hype with digi cam audio and all the noise ruckus in the back ground. Of course it will somewhat sound more real and natural when it is going through a power amp and real 4x12 cab. But who records like that, or even just regularly plays an ampsim like that? Give us a rendered output from the plugin with it's cabinet sim. At least have it setup so you can get an idea of what it sounds like through regular studio monitors or headphones. But I am sure a regular demo vid will come from Brainworx/Plugin Alliance soon. And then a software demo which we will probably just find out to be meh anyway, comparing it to the free stuff that comes from Lepou/TSE/Ignite Amps.

One thing about rockrack is it prolly "feels" the best overall. It's deceptive too because you can be thinking "eeeeewwwwww, yuck" and then is sounds good in a mix (which is what they designed it for)

I can't stand the 3 new "chains" (or cabs) though. The "green" still sound the best overall.

I just wish it was Bogner they were working with. Because Bogner can now do stuff like this in pedal form. A model of the Ecstasy's Red channel, also coming in the form of the Blue pedal (blue channel) and black (Uberschall amp).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWDmmTVT64

My friend just got the Red one. There is an official Bogner demo video too, and those two demos vids pretty much hold true with how the pedal sounds and reacts in when you actually play on it. So many tones you are able to get with it, from vintage low gain to modern over driven metal. Don't try it unless you plan on buying it. It will smoke every other overdrive/distortion/"amp in a box pedal" out of the water. We haven't even tried recording with it yet.

metalifuxx wrote:I just wish it was Bogner they were working with. Because Bogner can now do stuff like this in pedal form. A model of the Ecstasy's Red channel, also coming in the form of the Blue pedal (blue channel) and black (Uberschall amp).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWDmmTVT64

My friend just got the Red one. There is an official Bogner demo video too, and those two demos vids pretty much hold true with how the pedal sounds and reacts in when you actually play on it. So many tones you are able to get with it, from vintage low gain to modern over driven metal. Don't try it unless you plan on buying it. It will smoke every other overdrive/distortion/"amp in a box pedal" out of the water. We haven't even tried recording with it yet.
I wouldn't have a clue how to use this in the daw world. bogner into a cab plug?

They have them in stock at GC :hihi:

hibidy wrote: I wouldn't have a clue how to use this in the daw world. bogner into a cab plug?
or bogner into a clean channel into a cab plug? :shrug:

hibidy wrote:
I wouldn't have a clue how to use this in the daw world. bogner into a cab plug?
Yes, or even better, into a poweramp plugin, then into a cab IR.

Ignite Amps has a poweramp plugin on the way, Revalver has a ton of them built in, and it looks like Audiffex has one. There's also the PI-101 WoS that does a poweramp and cabinet in one.

Lately I've been running solid state heads via their effects loop into Revalver with a poweramp sim and a few different Keiffer impulses. I was also getting good results with various distortion pedals and AMT pedals configured the same way. You could do the same with a tube amp as long as you had a good speaker load box.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Yeah, sometimes the tube hardware/amp or pedal like those does payoff. The signal is full range with lots of harmonic content. It can be particularly good with clean tones as well.

Although the new Ignite Amps Anvil 2.0 :love: That is some good stuff. The only reason I can see these commercial ampsim companies competing with that top quality freeware is if they offer up a top notch quality cab speaker sim/IR emulation with a number of choices, and also maybe a decent effect section pre and post amp/cab. At least maybe an overdrive before the amp, and at least a post amp/cab mono/stereo/ping pong configurable delay and maybe some simple shelving EQ. Oh yeah, and a tuner just for you hibidy.

Just get S-Gear + Red Wire impulses and be done with it.. :hihi: :P

.. need some extra spice? Add Studio Devil Virtual tube preamp into the mix or something similar.

EDIT: holy cow! How had I missed the release of Anvil 2.0?? Going to download it right away and give it a whirl! This should be excellent considering the pedigree!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

metalifuxx wrote: The only reason I can see these commercial ampsim companies competing with that top quality freeware is if they offer up a top notch quality cab speaker sim/IR emulation with a number of choices, and also maybe a decent effect section pre and post amp/cab. At least maybe an overdrive before the amp, and at least a post amp/cab mono/stereo/ping pong configurable delay and maybe some simple shelving EQ. Oh yeah, and a tuner just for you hibidy.
Revalver does all that, and sounds awesome. I've got all the freeware stuff, demoed just about everything I could, and own POD Farm and GTR. Also owned every piece of modeling equipment except the Axe FX (although it is on my list of someday purchases), and Revalver still ends up doing a lot of my amp stuff. The only thing I've really had to add to Revalver was all the freeware impulses that I've been able to find. Since it also acts as a VST host, you can put all the freeware pedals and amp sims inside it for easy routing.

(Oh, and I have a few heads too:

:lol:
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Return to “Effects”