Arturia new hardware Analogue Synth MiniBrute for 499 euro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's probably just a screw that came loose. I had the same problem. I opened mine up and removed it... I never did figure out where it was supposed to go. Just crack that puppy open and take a look.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Done and all fixed :). Turns out it was a weight from the bottom of the low C key that fell off and into the case. Krazy-glued it back on, and now all is well. This thing sounds amazing - just played with it for half an hour and I can really hear the difference between this and all my soft synths. Now I have to learn how to program the thing.

DenisArturia wrote:Hi FaX,

Here is Denis from Arturia. Some Minibrute have already been shipped to Canada and more will arrive before the end of the month.

We used to have production problems but everything is solved now. I'm sincerely sorry for the one who had to wait such a long time for their Brute.

All the best,

Denis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLcM5xVies

I pulled my preorder last month after being fed up with the wait and I still can't locate one in Toronto at all.
So perhaps some genius can tell me where I can try one out first and make an informed decision.
When will stores actually have retail stock available ?
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Hi FaX,

From what I know the last shipment was stuck at the US/Canada custom. I doubt we wil have enough units for retail stock. Well this shipment should anyway allow to serve a lot of pre-orders.

If our Canadian partner is working next week (I'm not sure) then the units might arrive in the store before the new year eve.

Sorry for this delay...!

Denis

Can't stop playing this thing. It's very immediate and fun to play. Nice job arturia.

Hi all,

I've had a Minibrute for a couple of weeks and can't keep my hand off it.

Here is a demo I did. All sounds are Minibrute except the drums:

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/et-tu-brute

I picked one up yesterday and it is very fun! I love how different it sounds, and some of the supplied patches are very cool-Nocho Perc and Majestic Overture! :D

I recommend you register it at Arturia when you get it and visit the minibrute forums. Tech questions are supported well, general discussion, and even a patch pic upload area.

Had mine a few weeks now and get amazed every time I start twisting knobs on it. Very capable of a large variety of sounds. Suprisingly small twists of the knobs can really have big impact on sound shaping.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:I recommend you register it at Arturia when you get it and visit the minibrute forums. Tech questions are supported well, general discussion, and even a patch pic upload area.

Had mine a few weeks now and get amazed every time I start twisting knobs on it. Very capable of a large variety of sounds. Suprisingly small twists of the knobs can really have big impact on sound shaping.
Thanks, I've registered and checked out the forum.

I've found that about the sound shaping as well, started with a template and a few small tweaks led to whole new sounds. Very nice.

Wow, there is gonna be a Synth Edit version of the Minibrute :o

SE right? :lol:

What a twat

Gee, it would be nice if there was an upgrade path for those of us who bought the first edition. But no, that would probably be too much to hope for.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Gee, it would be nice if there was an upgrade path for those of us who bought the first edition. But no, that would probably be too much to hope for.
If the wood paneling isn't super important, the main new feature of the SE, is a step sequencer:

"MiniBrute SE shares the same physical footprint as the original MiniBrute, but builds upon this synthesizer thanks to a sturdy and stylish brushed aluminium casing with wooden sides and an inspirational step sequencer"

But can't regular MiniBrute user accomplish that anyhow by hooking up a sequencer module to it, via either Midi or the CV/Gate?

Yes, the BeatStep, £89.

DP

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”