Serialism Psychedelia and a haunting imitation of Randy Newman: The 3rd Sordid Business Album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

My band has recently made its third album.

To those of you who don't know me, our albums are bizarre collages that involve literally hundreds of man hours worth of labor. These albums are really quite unique as musical experiences. The present one especially.

These albums are built using the techniques of samplists, but what we sample is our own music. We never sample the music of anyone else, ever. The basic ideas involved were pioneered by Frank Zappa back in the late 60s, but we don't sound much like him either.

The present album is just over 30 minutes long, and it contains bits and pieces of 25 different songs. Although some of these have been previously released in various formats, most of it has never before been heard publicly.

At present it is only available online, but physical cd copies are in the works, and can be made available to interested parties, who are invited to pm me here.

Because mp3 players are so annoyingly inconsistent about gapless audio, The only way to hear it at present is as a single 30 minute file.

You can listen to it at SoundCloud here. You can also download the wav file from there.

A higher quality mp3 is available here.

People interested in our other exploits are invited to visit our site.

Thanks.

A challenging listen, but well worth it.
Leaving comments at sound cloud.
Well done.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Holy crap! Amazing Craftsmanship, and a lot of really great ideas.

0:29 to 3:00 - Wonderful!
3:20 to 4:38 - Intense!
4:49 to 5:50 - Love it! :D

Also enjoying the studio chatter in between.

Heard only a few of the tunes now, gonna listen to the whole shebang/journey later on. Looking forward to it! :)

Hey, hippie. I never thought I'd be gone long enough that you'd actually get back to making the music like all these other kids.

Say hi to your wife from moi.

Too commercial for my tastes, but now that I'm not likely to run into you at Whole Foods or wherever you hippies do your hootenannies and jamborees I can finally say whatever I want on "this blue site."

Joking aside, brilliant, eclectic and epic as always.

[edit] dammit to hell, it somehow didn't occur to me that hitting post would interrupt the audio stream - I'm not used to not just DLing everything I come across here for later perusal, though I like the instant gratification

Allomerus wrote:A challenging listen, but well worth it.
Leaving comments at sound cloud.
Well done.
Thanks for listening. Much appreciated.

I'll be back later to respond more fully. Duty calls.

Would that be (Arnold) Schwarzenegger, as opposed to Blues for Allah :hihi:

I did listen to the whole thing and liked it as a whole piece, but I'd love to have the "keep on diggin" and "feet/shoes" guitar/vocal song sections as separate tracks. Very good voice/lyrics and harmonies as well as guitar parts and whatever else was goin on.

Baard wrote:Holy crap! Amazing Craftsmanship, and a lot of really great ideas.
Thanks. The effort I put into the editing and mixing is really on the verge of compulsive. That is why this album took me nearly 4 years to finish.

Thanks for listening, and your kind words.

runagate wrote:Hey, hippie.
:lol:
I never thought I'd be gone long enough that you'd actually get back to making the music like all these other kids.
I make music all of time. My compulsions just keep me from calling anything 'done'.
Say hi to your wife from moi.
She asks me to ask you if you use lots of crack, or if you are just 'like that'.
Too commercial for my tastes, but now that I'm not likely to run into you at Whole Foods or wherever you hippies do your hootenannies and jamborees I can finally say whatever I want on "this blue site."
Yes, We have been talking to Taylor Swift about covering one of our songs.
Joking aside, brilliant, eclectic and epic as always.
Hey thanks. You are one of our three actual fans, so its good to know that I'm not screwing up too badly.
[edit] dammit to hell, it somehow didn't occur to me that hitting post would interrupt the audio stream - I'm not used to not just DLing everything I come across here for later perusal, though I like the instant gratification

Right Click 'Open link in new window'

:wink:

metalifuxx wrote:Would that be (Arnold) Schwarzenegger, as opposed to Blues for Allah :hihi:
No, that would be Arnold Schoenberg.

I wrote a song called 'Blues for Arnold' about 18 years ago. It was an attempt at making a twelve tone composition. This song is on the album in fragmentary form starting at about 4:45.
I did listen to the whole thing and liked it as a whole piece, but I'd love to have the "keep on diggin" and "feet/shoes" guitar/vocal song sections as separate tracks. Very good voice/lyrics and harmonies as well as guitar parts and whatever else was goin on.
Those songs ('Poor Fool' and 'Feet') are written and performed mostly by Charles. Both will be available separately on the actual physical CD that will be coming out around April. In fact, there will be multiple mixes of Feet. So make sure to email us from our contact page if you are interested.

Thanks for listening.

Herodotus wrote:She asks me to ask you if you use lots of crack, or if you are just 'like that'.

Hey thanks. You are one of our three actual fans, so its good to know that I'm not screwing up too badly.

Right Click 'Open link in new window'

:wink:
No, I'm just like this. Make sure she doesn't think I'm the hot leprechaun in pleather pants, I'm the giant one.

I am indeed a fan!

I downloaded all 30 minutes, 30 seconds of this rare gem, don't you worry.

:-o

Very nice ! I still have "Sordid business takes over the radio" saved, but I enjoyed this one even more. I like all this free flowing stuff.
Keep up the good work !
:tu:

Cheers

runagate wrote: No, I'm just like this. Make sure she doesn't think I'm the hot leprechaun in pleather pants, I'm the giant one.

:-o
Lora would never confuse you with a leprechaun. No one would. You are the most unleprechaunish human being I have ever met. You would be run out of Hobbiton on a rail.

I downloaded all 30 minutes, 30 seconds of this rare gem, don't you worry.

Glad to know it. Thanks!

Laguna Rising wrote:Very nice ! I still have "Sordid business takes over the radio" saved, but I enjoyed this one even more. I like all this free flowing stuff.
Keep up the good work !
:tu:

Cheers
I am flattered....a repeat listener!

I am glad you enjoy the fruits of our labor. I sometimes wonder why I bother releasing anything. While making music is a compulsion that I will probably never be free of, sharing it just seems like work to me.

That is, until I come back to kvr.

Thanks for listening.

:)

genius. squashes the bad sickness and um, enbiggens the good sickness.

this is going on my *generic mp3 device* for therapeutic aural massages.

neil.

macmurphy wrote:genius. squashes the bad sickness and um, enbiggens the good sickness.

this is going on my *generic mp3 device* for therapeutic aural massages.

neil.
Thanks!

It is odd how you use the word 'embiggens', as Charles uses exactly that word all of the time. He even refers to his wretchedly excessive pedal board as the Embigulator:

The scary part is that he has added quite a bit more to it since this photo was taken.

Return to “Music Cafe”