Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

AZZZ wrote:New GUI is nice 8)
And I made new soundset for Charlatan.

Download from my website
http://bji.yukihotaru.com/charlatan.html

Download from KVR
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1798
Thank you :)
[Insert Signature Here]

What a nice graphic for a free preset bank! Thanks!

Wow thank you AZZZ (nice username hehe)!
Great sounds !

And the graphic is indeed nice : )

anyone else have a problem loading charlatan 1.3 in renoise 2.8?

when i attempt it, it pops up with:

Failed to initialize the plugin 'VST: Dominique Wurtz: Charlatan'.

I guess you have the original extracted charlatan folder placed in your vst folder and you are trying to run it in x86 or better said 32 bit windows OS.

Delete/replace the x64 version of charlatan and everything should work well.

indeed. it's working now, and the problem was on this end. thanks for the reply.

crazy thought: a charlatan for android/ios : ) would be nice , make some patches on train or bus and load them later in your pc !

I've put the 64-bit version of charlatan in my VST directory but no presets are loading (showing as empty):

The directory setup is like this: \Dropbox\Audio\VST\VST 64\Freeware\Charlatan\presets\

Charlatan.dll is in the \Charlatan\ directory and the .fxb files are inside the \presets\ directory.

Using Reaper v4.32 x64.

I'm new to Reaper and Charlatan so apologies if I missed something.

MichaelE wrote:I'm new to Reaper and Charlatan so apologies if I missed something.
You have to load them manually from an fxb

(Import vst patch/bank file)

Thank you, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Are all/most of the presets in those 6 available to download on the page already included in the presets directory that comes with Charlatan?

ostfront wrote:
MichaelE wrote:I'm new to Reaper and Charlatan so apologies if I missed something.
You have to load them manually from an fxb

(Import vst patch/bank file)
Yep. Really the only thing that I do not like about this synth. I've said it before: if it was updated with an internal patch system, it would be one of my top 5 favorite VSTs.

What can I say? I'm spoiled. :hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
Yep. Really the only thing that I do not like about this synth. I've said it before: if it was updated with an internal patch system, it would be one of my top 5 favorite VSTs.
Exactly! I hate having to search for and load presets/preset banks.

preset manager

mod matrix

sub osc.

sin osc wave

a good chorus.

would make this one incredible VA! 8)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Hi,

With FL Studio 9, I can't load full banks in Chalatan.
I go into Fruity Wrapper > Gear Icon > Load preset / bank and I select one of default .fxb
But it load just the first preset in the bank, I can't reach other presets of the loaded .fxb

Anyone knows how I can fix this ?

I just recently discovered Charlatan and wanted to pay my respects: this is a great one, I fell in love with it immediately, especially the design! I think it's one of the best looking virtual synths out there, and not only that, it is also very usable, clear layout arranged to a grid, big enough UI elements and text labels. Yeah, baby!
Well, and the sound is great, too... And the fact that it doesn't have effects and lots of presets cluttered with delay and reverb...

There's one thing though I don't understand: the DCO switch in the pitch section. I know DCO usually stands for "digitally controlled oscillator", but frankly, I didn't hear any difference soundwise if it is active or not.

BTW: "blaukraut engineering", great name, even if "rotkohl engineering" would've been more appropriate, color-wise :wink: But then, rotkohl.info is already taken...

Return to “Instruments”