Kirnu - Cream Pre-Release

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PepeLopez wrote: I had no such issue in kirnu1 (was using until FL 9.9) and now I can't reproduce this behaviour in Cream. Could you explain more/better!? Maybe send me an example project file.
thanks for answer,
i try to expain:
i opend cream in an channel in a empty project.
fl runs in patternmode
i connected cream via midiport with an vst-channel(for example charlatan)
than i press an key on my keyboard and cream starts playing, well, no issues.
only sometimes cream stutters when it plays in fast rate.
but always if the pattern is at its end and restart from step one.
the playbutton in fl is not switched, its the same when i switch it
if i run cream in song mode, there is no issue, it is in sync.
i think that maybe fl sends no clean sync signal or cream does dont compute it correct and trys to run in sync and that gives sometimes the stuttering arp.
and not at the whole sequence,only a click
as i said before its sometimes.
i will test cream on a other computer at the weekend, to see whats happens.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

If you have the possibility, please make a short video to demonstrate the problem, because I can't reproduce such problems (in pattern mode).

Besides... I personally switched from FL to Reaper because of sync problems, but that's another thread - and I don't experience sync problems with Cream at the moment with FL.

Another feature request: the "Gate" step sequencer now sets absolute gate values, ignoring the value of the Gate knob. I'd prefer a relative mode where the Gate graph defines offsets from the current value of the Gate knob.
This would also be more consistent with the Accent graph which adds/subtracts values relative to the note velocity and the Volume knob.
Maybe those two graphs should have switchable relative/absolute modes.

In addition, the range of the Accent graph should be +/- 127 instead of +/- 100 to make the resulting velocity values more predictable.

And I had another wild idea, but this is low-priority: add the ability to save and load single sequencer channels. E.g. save/load Shift channels for specific grooves.

What I've seen looks really cool, can I program any type of chord, or is it limited to just Major/Minor chords, like in Rob Papen's RG Rhythm Guitar Synth.

Kirnu - Cream Tutorial - Using Chord Memory and SEQ section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhilF4xsY9I

Technobox wrote: I discovered also a timing problem with shorter midi notes (one 4/4) The output is shifted 1-2 steps behind but is in sync (=> 1/16). Cream does change the rhythm sometimes where Kirnu 1 plays the same part correctly.

I don't know if this helps you, but I guess I can't describe it better in english.

Best regards

Olivier
Kirnu wrote:
You say shorter midi notes (one 4/4). Do you mean longer notes?
Can you give an example about this problem. If you would take screen shot from your daw which shows the input note and recorded output it would be very helpful.

Same applies with the rhythm thing. It's hard to understand it without an example.

-Arto

Sorry I don't know if this link is useful to you. Can you see the picture?

Best regards,
Olivier

linking Olivier's screenshot:

PepeLopez wrote:If you have the possibility, please make a short video to demonstrate the problem, because I can't reproduce such problems (in pattern mode).
Problem solved !
i tested it on my new pc and notebook. No problems ! :D
Then i compared them with my old pc, it was the virtual midi cable driver.
I have no idea why, but i deinstalled it and all was fine.
until now no sync problems, the whole night.
(thanks to my wife for her patience :hihi:)
Last edited by ZXOxo67 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

Hey dudes

I already played some hours around in Cream. It's really fun. But how can I control patterns?

For me the pattern sequencer seems useless. At every new note the sequencer jumps to the first position eventhough I deactivated the "reset on new note" control.

I'd like to define with midi notes (or at least with another possibility) which pattern is played at a certain time. In a track I don't want to always change patterns manually. In my imaginaton there should be a certain note range whose purpose is only to control the pattern play order.

Arranging pattern manually might be ok playing live but not when producing a track... can anyone help me? :help: Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Olivier

Technobox wrote:In my imaginaton there should be a certain note range whose purpose is only to control the pattern play order.
Actually, there is, notes 24 (C1) to 35 (B1) select the active pattern. If your DAW supports it, activate "Enable MIDI note names" in the Cream options.

Technobox wrote:Hey dudes

For me the pattern sequencer seems useless. At every new note the sequencer jumps to the first position eventhough I deactivated the "reset on new note" control.
Can you be more specific about what you mean by this?

for some reason, Kirnu Cream crashes my DAW (Live 8.3.3) OSX 10.8.2
I have no idea atm what causes this, but it seems to happen occasionally. According to the syslog it crashes Ableton with Bus Error:10 After restarting ableton the ableton-plugin-crash-reporter also confirms it's Kirnu who caused this crash. I have not done extensive testing at this moment, but i will test KirnuCream later today on Winx64 and the same DAW.

Can you send us the crash log when Cream crashes next time.

Thanks,
-Arto

Found another repeatable bug
win xp 32 bit reaper
immediate crash every time when I init the chord memory
anyone else have this?

kontakt1968 wrote:Found another repeatable bug
win xp 32 bit reaper
immediate crash every time when I init the chord memory
anyone else have this?
Yes indeed :)
This will be fixed in the next release.

-Arto

New video available (you should watch it in HD!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaNQiyZmF0c&hd=1

New Cream version will be available soon!

Return to “Kirnu”