Not my competition entry

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was going to write something between light and dark, but in the end it was all Shades of Grey

Victor.

I don't think you should change a thing. Initially, I felt that the drones in the beginning lingered too long, but the build up was perfectly executed, starting with the change in your hi hat rhythm. The palette of instruments was carefully chosen... definitely couldn't keep my knee from bouncing once that funky lead guitar / square wave duo kicked in.

This will probably sound cheesy, and I hope it doesn't embarrass you, but I felt that the tension of this track lends itself to a bit of a rescue scene. My only gripe is that the "all-out" measures at the end didn't last a bit longer. You had a great thing going. Can't wait for the next submission.

P.S. Not sure if I correctly identified any of those instruments. I'm not really a musician, I'm just here for the free music.

andrew.mack wrote:I don't think you should change a thing. Initially, I felt that the drones in the beginning lingered too long, but the build up was perfectly executed,
Thank you kindly, and I hope you avail yourself of a download if you are so inclined.
Not sure if I correctly identified any of those instruments. I'm not really a musician, I'm just here for the free music.
What you identified as a funky guitar is probably Synplant, run through an amp simulator and a wah-like effect. No problem, just enjoy the music.

Victor.

Liked the slow build and sense of menace. The end was unexpected, sort of like some (perceived) monster was right behind you, then fades into a cloud of mist as the sun comes up.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I thought this started out feeling like a John Barry movie piece. It had a good build-up and I definitely thought that the atmospherics would lend themselves to OST work. Nice ending.

Good work :)

This is why I don't like cruising the music cafe :lol: I end up liking just about everything and posting even MORE than my norm :lol:

Very nice. Could use a touch of "sheen" but I really enjoyed the piece!

Hm. When I listened to this a few days ago I liked the first part but wasn't keen on the second. Tonight it all works for me. I still like the beginning the best, but I kept waiting for the part I didn't like to come in and it never did. Enjoyed. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:I kept waiting for the part I didn't like to come in and it never did.
That's a very peculiar compliment. But I'll take it. Thanks!

Victor.

i like this. it definitely has a cinematic feel to it. if anything, i feel the drones could have gone on for a little longer at the beginning, but then i like drones. drones are good. the drums sounded a little dry but nothing a dab of reverb or subtle delay wouldn't remedy. all in all good stuff!

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”