Showing some love for NanoStudio.....

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been seriously digging into Beatmaker 2 for quite a while now....but, the last couple of days, I've really been enjoying NanoStudio. I almost forgot what a great synth this thing has. Here's my rendition of a few cover tunes...enjoy!!!
https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/by-myself

https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/a-strange-hello

https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/whisper
Rock On!

Wonderful stuff there, Derek. I haven't used Nanostudio in a while but this might just convince me to get back to it. I've been playing around with Meteor these last few weeks. Love the Eden synth!

By the way were these straight out of Nano or "mastered" in another mobile app? Love the crisp sounds.

This is straight nanostudio....that's one thing about this app...pristine audio! I wish it had audiobus and a dedicated audio track to record in...copy/paste is ok for small projects but usually the file size for an audio track is too large for the cap on importing to pads.
Rock On!

Ideally, if the folks behind Nano Studio could release the Eden synth as an app in its own right with Audiobus support .......... that would be cool.

---I asked them the same thing about Eden a couple of times, don't remember if I got a reply but I might have...

Don't you need permission to post covers on SoundCloud?

As far as cover tunes on Soundcloud....Any song that is grouped under creative commons is fair game for cover as long as you are not claiming that it is your own and must be listed as creative commons when you upload. If not, even the smallest "sample" of registered music can be cause to kick your upload out due to copyright laws. This is for general listening pleasure and not for sale so theres really not a whole lot of issue there. However, when I've redone my own music and uploaded a track that was previously on an album on itunes under a record label...I was flagged until I disputed it with proof of ownership. Hope that helps....you just have to be smart about it and be honest about your tracks.
Rock On!

I haven't got much love for Nanostudio (deleted it, don't need it, doesn't have audiobus, don't like the developer's attitude--though a Eden synth with audiobus would be cool), but I always appreciate Derek's talent and skill with music! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Derek Buddemeyer wrote:As far as cover tunes on Soundcloud....Any song that is grouped under creative commons is fair game for cover as long as you are not claiming that it is your own and must be listed as creative commons when you upload. If not, even the smallest "sample" of registered music can be cause to kick your upload out due to copyright laws. This is for general listening pleasure and not for sale so theres really not a whole lot of issue there. However, when I've redone my own music and uploaded a track that was previously on an album on itunes under a record label...I was flagged until I disputed it with proof of ownership. Hope that helps....you just have to be smart about it and be honest about your tracks.
Thanks for the clarification.

Just to make sure i'm clear, if you cover a copyrighted song and then post it to sound cloud under a creative commons license, there should be no issue with copyright?

careyletendre wrote:
Derek Buddemeyer wrote:As far as cover tunes on Soundcloud....Any song that is grouped under creative commons is fair game for cover as long as you are not claiming that it is your own and must be listed as creative commons when you upload. If not, even the smallest "sample" of registered music can be cause to kick your upload out due to copyright laws. This is for general listening pleasure and not for sale so theres really not a whole lot of issue there. However, when I've redone my own music and uploaded a track that was previously on an album on itunes under a record label...I was flagged until I disputed it with proof of ownership. Hope that helps....you just have to be smart about it and be honest about your tracks.
Thanks for the clarification.

Just to make sure i'm clear, if you cover a copyrighted song and then post it to sound cloud under a creative commons license, there should be no issue with copyright?
. I'm pretty sure it's okay...you can't sell it, claim it's yours, or use it for anything but your own enjoyment. Also, make sure you give credit to the artist.
Rock On!

audiojunkie wrote:I haven't got much love for Nanostudio (deleted it, don't need it, doesn't have audiobus, don't like the developer's attitude--though a Eden synth with audiobus would be cool), but I always appreciate Derek's talent and skill with music! :-)

--Sean
Yeah, same here, Matt is just plain and simple arrogant pr__k :(
Deleted this "thing" from my iPad and Mac.
I don't think I'll buy anything from this guy anymore, even if it was gold-plated ;)

Nanostudio was the reason I got into making music on iOS (first app I bought - iOS 3, I think!) & is still great today <3. Matt has always been friendly to me & from what I've read on the forum listens to the community. It's great that he offers NS for free for computer users. I for one appreciate his hard work & dedication <3

Thanks for reading & all the best <3
Last edited by gdog on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gdog wrote:Nanostudio was the reason I got into making music on iOS (first app I bought - iOS 3, I think!) & is still great today <3. Matt has always been friendly to me & from what I've read on the forum listens to the community. It's great that he offers NS for free for computer users. I for one appreciate his hard work & dedication. I also respect his decision to move on from NS.

Thanks for reading & all the best <3
Where did you hear that NS is no longer being developed?
Instant human just add coffee

Just from the fact that AB isn't going to be supported & there haven't been much updates, but have edited my post to reflect that. All the best <3

I don't think you can just claim creative commons. Doesn't the song have to be licensed under creative commons to begin with?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”