Synthmaster RTAS 2.5.4.137 buggy

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pro Tools 8.0.5 LE on Win XP-pro SP3.

Controller: M-Audio Axiom (not Pro).

Latest version of Synthmaster RTAS (2.5.4.137).

1) The rotary encoders on the Axiom will not control the knobs in Synthmaster correctly. When assigned, the knobs will jump to the default (12:00) position at every click of the rotary encoder instead of either rotating clockwise or counter clockwise.

2) Redraw issue. When dragging the synthmaster plugin window and any part of the window is offscreen, the plugin UI flashes over to solid red.

3)While playing Synthmaster, Pro Tools threw this auto-save error in an empty session with only Synthmaster instantiated.
I've never had this error before. A few minutes later, Pro Tools flashed completely out of existence, not even to be found in the Task Manager.

4) Someone really needs to tame the relative level swings between the patches in here. Some atmospheric sounds are so low that the monitoring volume has to be turned up to adequately evaluate. Then, the volume of the next patch nearly causes one to have to go and change his shorts.

EDIT: I opened Synthmaster in Reaper (VSTi) and while it is more stable, rotary encoders still did not control the knobs in SM correctly. Also, in regards to #4 above, there were some patches that caused Reaper to auto-mute because they were too loud.

I did notice that a rotary encoder worked fine when assigned to scrolling the patches. To get a single encoder to control both up and down on the list, I had to assign a clockwise turn for one and a counter-clockwise turn for the other.

Hi there,

Thanks for the bug reports. I will look into those issues this weekend.

I am aware of some redraw problems, but could not reproduce MIDI CC issues. I was able to Midi Learn the knobs on my Axiom 61 and control parameters in SynthMaster without issues!

Expect an update on Sunday night!

Cheers

Bülent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I must confirm no. 3

Also, changing the GUI does nothing in pro tools.

Pro tools 10.3.3
Windows 64bit
Intel i7
16gb ram

Hey guys, the autosave/crash bug has been fixed in the previous release. Please update to the latest version, thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”