What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Reason Lahalla has passed away

Moderator: DNR Collaborative

Doc Jon
KVRist
 
406 posts since 19 Feb, 2011

Postby Doc Jon; Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Only just seen this, how sad :(

Exchanged a couple of PMs with him over the last year, he was always helpful and seemed like such a generous guy

Condolences to his family and the DNR team
Image
Meffy
Skunk Mod
 
20423 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm

DNR Collaborative have got a new KVR forum and Steven, Reason's colleague in DNR, has asked that this thread be moved there.
GeorgeZ
KVRAF
 
2795 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks Meffy.
Eternitysound VST Banks
User avatar
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF
 
8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 pm

OMG...I am so sorry...I hope it's not too late to offer my condolences, especially for his family and all people around him.:hail:

I've just read the news on BPB Blog because I had no Internet connection since December. I had some nice conversations with Reason here at KVR (especially about the updates and the hurricane Sandy), and he was always very friendly.

33 years...that's really no age to die...though my mother died at age 35, so I know how it feels loosing someone unexpectedly... :cry:
muddyjoe
KVRist
 
136 posts since 17 Sep, 2009, from Italy

Postby muddyjoe; Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:16 pm

He seemed such a nice guy in his emails. I am really sad to hear this. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Josiah
TheoM
KVRAF
 
19204 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm

I am devastated as i only found out today by chance and don't know how i missed this.

He was such a nice person, i really am lost for words. Always so kind to me and everyone here,

a BIG BIG loss for the community.

R.I.P. Reason

my deepest condolences to all affected.

Sincerely,

Theo
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18483 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Thu May 01, 2014 6:38 am Re:

DNR Collaborative wrote:It is with a broken heart that I inform you that at just after 2pm yesterday afternoon, Reason Lahalla lost a long battle with his health but is now finally at peace for once. He had been in the hospital for some time now and was expecting to come home soon, but there were ultimately other plans in store for him that we did not expect, nor were we prepared for. He was 33 years old but had been struggling for years with drug and alcohol addition, which significantly damaged his health. Please pray for our family during this time as we try to figure out how to move on.

Image

In honor of Reason I have decided to allow his sound library "Metal and Motion" to be downloaded by all for free. His original purpose in this endeavor was to provide the world with cool music products, and that is what I will do here.

:arrow: Download Metal and Motion


Steven


Notice he didnt say he was dead, just 'at peace'....
Dont Upset The Drama Queens
User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
 
21387 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 am Re: Re:

Kriminal wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:It is with a broken heart that I inform you that at just after 2pm yesterday afternoon, Reason Lahalla lost a long battle with his health but is now finally at peace for once. He had been in the hospital for some time now and was expecting to come home soon, but there were ultimately other plans in store for him that we did not expect, nor were we prepared for. He was 33 years old but had been struggling for years with drug and alcohol addition, which significantly damaged his health. Please pray for our family during this time as we try to figure out how to move on.

Image

In honor of Reason I have decided to allow his sound library "Metal and Motion" to be downloaded by all for free. His original purpose in this endeavor was to provide the world with cool music products, and that is what I will do here.

:arrow: Download Metal and Motion


Steven


Notice he didnt say he was dead, just 'at peace'....


No, he didnt just say 'at peace'.

He said 'lost a long battle with his health and is finally at peace'

also the subject says

'has passed away' which is only ever a synonym for one thing.

Who has a 'broken heart' when relating someone didnt die?

Every single thing in that statement, from the start to 'pray for his family' supports the notion that he's saying Reason died. Its a pretty ridiculous stretch to try and claim otherwise.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
paulbreeze
KVRian
 
792 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby paulbreeze; Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

You noticed this other thread over at DNR forum?

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=410457
User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
 
21387 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu May 01, 2014 7:14 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

paulbreeze wrote:You noticed this other thread over at DNR forum?

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=410457


What, you think he posted this today by coincidence?
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
paulbreeze
KVRian
 
792 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby paulbreeze; Thu May 01, 2014 7:18 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

This was adressed to you because of this ...
Every single thing in that statement, from the start to 'pray for his family' supports the notion that he's saying Reason died. Its a pretty ridiculous stretch to try and claim otherwise.

But ignore it simply. Maybe is misunderstand something... ;)
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18483 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Thu May 01, 2014 7:19 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

paulbreeze wrote:You noticed this other thread over at DNR forum?

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=410457


Yep
Dont Upset The Drama Queens
User avatar
murnau
KVRAF
 
2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Thu May 01, 2014 7:25 am Re: Re:

Kriminal wrote:Notice he didnt say he was dead, just 'at peace'....

:dog: you really must have some serious image neurosis. all the more ridiculous when you say you know the other thread.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
 
21387 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Thu May 01, 2014 7:28 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

paulbreeze wrote:This was adressed to you because of this ...


viewtopic.php?p=5734241#p5734241

Every single thing in that statement, from the start to 'pray for his family' supports the notion that he's saying Reason died. Its a pretty ridiculous stretch to try and claim otherwise.

But ignore it simply. Maybe is misunderstand something... ;)[/quote]

Im not sure what your point is here. Kriminal is trying to claim the first post of this thread doesnt necessarily mean that 'DNR Collaborative' said Reason had died. Im saying there's no doubt that 'DNR Collaborative' said Reason had died.

Whether or not Reason actually died, or whether 'DNR Collaborative' knew he'd died or not, Kriminal's post cherry-picks two words out of context in an attempt to present the whole post as meaning the opposite of both the subject, and content of that post.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
User avatar
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF
 
8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Thu May 01, 2014 7:29 am Re: Reason Lahalla has passed away

The official version was "Reason has passed away!" which means "died" in English language, as far as I know...
PreviousNext

Moderator: DNR Collaborative

Return to DNR Collaborative