What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRer

13 posts since 14 Jul, 2011

Postby erikb1971; Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:48 am Creating a Punch midi conroller on iPad with Midi Studio: some questions

Hi all

I am working to create a midi controller on my iPad especially for punch. So far I have 24 touch sensitive pads for the sounds, and 8 on/off non touch sensitive pads for the grooves and breaks. So far, so good and lots of fun!

Now I would like to have a way to select the editing pages for the sounds. Unfortunately, the dynamic select does not work with the midi notes, and the select light on the Punch GUI can't seem to be latched to midi... so.. is there another possibility to do that?

Second question is about latching midi information of the swing, flam and human controls. For that to work I have to set the control properties first on the rotary controller of midi studio, and then add a midi message to it. There's tons of choice however.. and I have no clue which one to take..

Tips anyone?
KVRAF

3494 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi there

That looks very impressive :)

1) Dynamic switching of screen via midi. This is not possible at the moment, because we didn't want the screen changing all the time when Punch got midi data, it would be very distracting we thought. About the selector being midi latchable, that is interesting I'll need to think about that.

2) I'm not sure what you mean by this, do you which parameter number the flam etc have ? Could you expand on this ?

Cheers

Jon
KVRer

Postby erikb1971; Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 am

Concretefx wrote:Hi there

That looks very impressive :)

Thank you.. wait till it is actually finished :-)
Concretefx wrote:1) Dynamic switching of screen via midi. This is not possible at the moment, because we didn't want the screen changing all the time when Punch got midi data, it would be very distracting we thought. About the selector being midi latchable, that is interesting I'll need to think about that.

Looking forward to your briliant solution :-)BTW, the selection does work with dynamic selection switched on when I use my midi keyboard, or am I confused here?
Concretefx wrote:2) I'm not sure what you mean by this, do you which parameter number the flam etc have ? Could you expand on this ?

Cheers

Jon

I will try to explain a bit better. Let's focus on the humanizing. When I add a rotary controller (or any other controller for that matter) on the Ipad, initially it does not send any midi data. I have to set that in the control properties window. With the pads, that was easy:
select midi messages in the control properties window
add a midi message
select "touch on"
add "note on" to this message
select the note that I want to play with that pad
ready

For the rotary controller this is a bit more difficult. I have to set both behaviour and the midi message (see pic of controller properties).
So my first question would be:
1. What type of behaviour should I set to control the humunaizing controller of punch?
2. What kind of midi message should I send?

any clearer?

Cheers

Erik
KVRer

Postby erikb1971; Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 am

question 1 is answered bij the developper from midi studio (Wiksnet), so answer two is still open. Thanks in advance!
KVRAF

3494 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi there

1) Hmm, pressing midi keys shouldn't change which drum screen is seen.

2) I suppose the dials, you'll need to latch them to a midi cc first via midi latching in the right click menu for that contro. So right click on a contro, click on midi latching, and then move a midi controller and it'll latch to that control. Then the controller will respond to normal midi cc values (i.e. from 0 to 127)

I hope I've understood you, and this provides useful.

Cheers

Jon

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen