Take It - Collaboration with a friend

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Collaborating seems to be the thing for me to do lately, so here's another track produced by me with a different vocalist. It's got a sort of Florence + The Machine vibe to it. This is also my first or second foray into non-standard time signatures; it's in 5/4. Enjoy.
http://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/take-it

I like her voice. It's very unique. I think you should keep working with her. I think the two of you will come up with something good soon.

However, I am not so sure about this song and I definitely don't like the arrangement. It gets repetitive and I find those harp (or possibly pizzicato string) samples irritating. Why not use synths?

Sorry if my feedback is a little harsh. There is a lot of potential here. It's just that this song doesn't work for me.

Thank you for your feedback. It's kinda funny, because it's the opposite of the feedback on my other collaboration. If there's a problem, I wish it was at least consistent. :oops:

We're talking about different songs and different singers so I wouldn't expect "consistent" feedback. If you are trying to compare vocalists, you could have all of them sing the same song. Of course, male and female vocalists have different ranges so you would need to transpose the arrangement to different keys suitable for their voices.

I wouldn't make any major decisions based on just my feedback which is a single data point. You might get more feedback here on KVR by reviewing other people's stuff.

Return to “Music Cafe”