What plugins will you buy in 2013?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thinking of saving up and purchasing Protools 10
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Thinking of saving up and purchasing Protools 10
Yeah, I learned on Protools first and find myself gravitating back in that direction. May upgrade this year. Which costs more than buying Studio One outright. I'm still messing about with Studio One though for the VSTs.

Just bought IK's Black 76 Clone and I hope that is all for 2013 :)

hibidy wrote:
macmurphy wrote:
hibidy wrote:
macmurphy wrote:probably none, considering i've just spent £2500 on building a new pc :D
Well, what else are you going to use it for? shrug:
the money you mean? oh food, rent, that kind of rubbish :help:
No, I meant the computer, was just joking about.
yeah. i know :wink:

the food and rent issue is bothering me a bit at the moment. i'm sure music will save the day!

PascalVB wrote:I'm at the crucial point where adding more plugins will shift the focus from making music to choosing plugins...

What holes do you still want to fill?
Exactly! I think a lot of us (certainly, me) have past the point of saturation some time ago. It's getting quite ridiculous from my perspective!

As for "holes" I'd like to fill...the hole that used to be filled with desire and passion for making and enjoying music ;) I just want that spark back; I care less and less about "quality", "accuracy", and any of the other buzzwords we used to analyze the endless pursuit of new plug-ins.

ymmv,
R

blueman wrote:As for "holes" I'd like to fill...the hole that used to be filled with desire and passion
I just want that spark back; I care less and less about "quality", "accuracy", and any of the other buzzwords we used to analyze the endless pursuit of new plug-ins.
Speaking of "spark", there's a drum machine by that name that's fun and inspirational to work with. Here's a video I made with it after using it for less than 30 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36c45l7L ... rofilepage
Last edited by Uncle E on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My plans:

Virtual Sound Stage.
VE Pro.
Embertone Violin (and other solo strings).
Soundiron Requiem Light.
biolabs Dark & Light space for Alchemy.
Anything from ValhallaDSP.
Maybe Studio One v3 when it comes out depends on its scoring and MIDI features (can't stand the new Cubase's design).

Uncle E wrote:
blueman wrote:I just want that spark back; I care less and less about "quality", "accuracy", and any of the other buzzwords we used to analyze the endless pursuit of new plug-ins.
Speaking of "spark", there's a drum machine by that number that's fun and inspirational to work with. Here's a video I made with it after using it for less than 30 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36c45l7L ... rofilepage
Doh! :dog: Ya see?! It never ends :roll: :cry:

maybe synthmaker...

on second thought might want to invest in alchemy... hmmmm choices

im interested in buying synthmaster, but I have the CM version waiting to be installed on my desktop. What are the CM version's limitations?
vaisnava:Bee-Berp, that does not compute, your post exceeded the 4x4 parameters, Bee-Berp

wachimol wrote:im interested in buying synthmaster, but I have the CM version waiting to be installed on my desktop. What are the CM version's limitations?
SynthMasterCM is a cutdown version of SynthMaster with the following feature set:

1. Has 1 layer -> full version has 2
2. Has 2 wavescan oscillators per layer -> full version has basic, additive, wavescan and vector oscillators
3. Has 1 analog filter per layer -> full version has 2 filters, analog/digital
4. Has less modulation sources compared to full version
5. No FX (VST) version with audio input
6. Has 3 effects only: chorus, reverb, delay (full version has phaser, ensemble, vocoder, lofi, distortion and compressor as well)
7. Polyphony is limited to 12 voices (full version has 32 voice polyphony per layer)
8. Max oversample ratio is 2x at good quality (4x for full version)
9. Comes with 60 factory presets (full version has 500 factory presets, 100 more are on the way from Rob Lee :party: )
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

So well into this year I have already bought

2C: B2
u-he: MFM 2
iZotope:Stutter Edit
Dimitry Shes: Diversion
Fab Filter: Pro Q

Either sale or intro, or on the marketplace, expet MFM 2

None were really planned but they all caught my eye for various reasons.

I don't plan on an additional instrument or effects buys except

Bazille at the introductory price.

Zebra 3, I'll get Zebra two and Dark Zebra just before the release.. So basically I'll get the Dark Zebra at a attractive price..

Logic X is on my list if it comes out.

Studio monitors. I want the high end Adams SX 1 and a sub..

Additionl computer mac mini 2013 server refurb..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I don't have any digital sounding synths like Sylenth and was thinking about either:
Zebra
Diversion
or
Electra X

Spitfire Audio Sable Strings Collection

... and that's it!!! Maybe? But then there's NI Komplete 9... and who knows what Slate has got up their sleeves.

So! Same procedure as last year...

Is there a rehab clinic for gear junkies?

I think I own pretty much everything I can use, plugin-wise. Maybe a new instrument for cinematic/ambient stuff.. but I own Alchemy and it does that kind of work quite well.. I'm tired of using Acid Pro so I needed a new sequencer, right as my all-time favorite (Tracktion) rose from the dead (so I upgraded)..

Quad-core i7 laptop is budgeted for, already in my Newegg wishoist, so that's a definite this year.

Just.. can't.. think.. of.. anythingggggggggggggg! :smack: :bang: :nutter:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”