T4 Way Too Soon

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - good reading :)

Here's some TSC viewpoint....

1. Everything up to this point has been about getting Tracktion out of its previous ownership - job officially done
2. Jules is working continuously to improve the platform - it has received a MASSIVE 'under the hood' update that allows for much greater compatibility - job done
3. Bug fixes are thick and fast - Jules takes his code personally and fixes bugs faster than any other team I have ever worked with - this is no corporate 9-5 job!
4. Upgrade revenue goes directly into funding the development of Tracktion 5 - we are a small, motivated team - the revenue doesn't go to a fat exec or a bloated team of corporate day shifts - it goes directly to the future of the app.

The future is bright - I am absolutely certain we can create the most complete, intuitive music creation environment available - one that embraces technology, partnerships and change - remains inspirational and accessible.\\

We are as passionate about taking the platform there as you are about using it.

Happy Tracktioneering

:)
Tracktion Software Corporation

Glad to hear this! Looking forward in the availability soon.

Thank you all for your comments. I wasn't aware of the 'behind the scenes' happening with T4. I am glad that people who care are working on it.

TSC wrote:Hey guys - good reading :)

Here's some TSC viewpoint....

1. Everything up to this point has been about getting Tracktion out of its previous ownership - job officially done
2. Jules is working continuously to improve the platform - it has received a MASSIVE 'under the hood' update that allows for much greater compatibility - job done
3. Bug fixes are thick and fast - Jules takes his code personally and fixes bugs faster than any other team I have ever worked with - this is no corporate 9-5 job!
4. Upgrade revenue goes directly into funding the development of Tracktion 5 - we are a small, motivated team - the revenue doesn't go to a fat exec or a bloated team of corporate day shifts - it goes directly to the future of the app.

The future is bright - I am absolutely certain we can create the most complete, intuitive music creation environment available - one that embraces technology, partnerships and change - remains inspirational and accessible.\\

We are as passionate about taking the platform there as you are about using it.

Happy Tracktioneering

:)
Nice one :) Ever thought about a donation button? You know, just in case those who really want to support this vision are interested?
BTW...you guys really need to get onto Twitter or ADN or similar ! I always tweet and get it retweeted when there's a new build of Tracktion out !
Of course, Twitter ain't for everyone, but a friendly presence there in 2013 could mean a few more licenses sold and more support for the future.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Even if the current T4 situation is more akin to crowdfunding than buying the latest Photoshop version, I admire TSC's 'go' and passion evident here.

I use DP as my go-to DAW since many years, but I was an early adopter of T1 and AFAIK, there's nothing like Tracktion for immediacy and simplicity of workflow.

I'm more than happy to be part of this crowdfunding exercise and I have complete confidence in Jules and Woody to pull it off and then some.

Also, 'the Brotherhood of Tracktion', as it were, is possibly unmatched when it comes to other software. Way to go.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

$29 bucks seems a bargain to get a beloved sports car out of the storage shed, with a master mechanic on hand, no less! Yes, it will take time to get it road worthy, but it's not like we all don't have something to drive in the meantime.

It's difficult to imagine that the kind of hardcore enthusiast that jumped right on board with the update could be so bereft of tools that they can't hold on for a few months while the community helps Jules get things worked into shape. I'm not sure I understand the impatience: this is all about the enormous possibility of a reborn Tracktion.

+1
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

So...is it Feb. 11th yet?

The undergroundhogs are getting anxious or asphyxiated or fixated or all of the above with the 10 day delay to the new site launch. (Take my money, please, TSC)

Oh and to answer the OP: No, not too soon at all. The bug-scovery, bug-squashery process is real progress. More progress in two weeks than the last 5 years. It's more fun to be a part of the realtime reno than waiting another day in DAWlimbo.

Feels like being a part of a sci-fi/rodent redemption myth: T4 - Return of the Playflow.

My little Tracktioneer paws are quivering in anticipation of the next exciting episode on tracktion.com. Which starts today, right, TSC? :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

herodotus wrote:
leggie wrote:Never trust bearded hippy geeks who sell their baby and buy it back withered, used and out of date! ;)
:?:
:?: :?:

Didn't get the joke? :P

Sarina wrote:I love my T3. I was as excited as everyone else when T4 became more than a dream. I have had my credit card ready twice now to get this new update. But maybe I am missing something here because I am not seeing ANY positive reports on this upgrade. Instead, it seems as if so many things are wrong or broken- why go to this new version with all the issues? Perhaps in a year the software might be stable? Reading all these problems has really been sad. I can only hope that things change soon.
Out of curiosity, have you actually tried the demo? Do you have any issues with it? If so, what? If not, why would you buy something you've not demo'd?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Yes, there are still some bugs to be solved in T4 and I knew it before I purchased the licence 2 weeks ago.
I did it because T4 is a fantastic soft and it was like a congratulation and an encouragement for the tracktion team to give it us back.
I'm confident, there are working hard to solve this issues and that it must not be that easy.
Even the biggest company like Apple constantly improve there soft which firstly came with bugs.
I remenber the silly beach ball on OSX with the different versions of Logic pro.

So be patient.

Will the website come up today?

I nearly missed the T1 to T2 boat and after too much trouble, I managed to buy T2 sans box and extra crap.
I was not going to miss that train again 8)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

I've only barely played with any version of Tracktion beyond the v1.6 freebie that was briefly offered long ago. But with the announcement of T4 I'm now watching closely and will likely be ready to dive in for the upgrade. v1.6 was vastly more efficient for me than other other program I've tried before or since. A tool that I can grasp easily and that lets me "just work" borders on priceless.

DaveL
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

T4 is already the most stable Tracktion version yet for me. :shrug:

Return to “Tracktion”