What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

If you want iPhone support try Tapatalk

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

javahut
KVRer
 
20 posts since 30 Jan, 2006

Postby javahut; Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:20 am

What about now? Any closer to some kind of Tapatalk support for the KVR forum?
audiojunkie
KVRAF
 
2681 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:51 am

javahut wrote:What about now? Any closer to some kind of Tapatalk support for the KVR forum?


No. I had hoped to find some good new forums on Tapatalk to go along with what I have here on KVR, and on the strength of this thread alone bought Tapatalk. I was very disappointed. Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
User avatar
chk071
KVRAF
 
2961 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:09 am

audiojunkie wrote:Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(

Most of the other forums i browse do support Tapatalk. The problem with the KVR forum i read is that they have a pretty old version of phpBB forums software running, and are not able to use a newer one due to some issues. I'd really like them to support Tapatalk as well but what can you do. :(
audiojunkie
KVRAF
 
2681 posts since 18 Apr, 2002, from Ogden, UT

Postby audiojunkie; Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 am

chk071 wrote:
audiojunkie wrote:Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(

Most of the other forums i browse do support Tapatalk. The problem with the KVR forum i read is that they have a pretty old version of phpBB forums software running, and are not able to use a newer one due to some issues. I'd really like them to support Tapatalk as well but what can you do. :(


Maybe I'm doing something wrong?.... What forums do you browse with Tapatalk? Do you have any good recommendations? Is there a way to browse a forum that isn't in their search list?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.
User avatar
chk071
KVRAF
 
2961 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 am

Nope. To be in their list, as far as i know, the forum owner has to install the Tapatalk plugin, and activate the forum for Tapatalk.

I browse some other, non audio related forums, with Tapatalk, mostly german ones, so i doubt i could recommend you something. Don't know about any comparable forum to KVR as well, that is why people are so keen on Tapatalk support here i guess. 8)
kgdrum
KVRist
 
196 posts since 12 Sep, 2005, from NYC

Postby kgdrum; Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 am

Motunation,LUG(Logic Users Group),Vdrums Forum, & Soundsonline(EastWest) are some music related forums that use
Tapatalk.
Some other forums that use Tapatalk that are more Mac-centric are MacRumors and iLounge.
If you use an iPhone or iPod touch Tapatalk is very good. ;-)
MacPro 3.1 (2.8 Quad)24gig,OSX10.83, DP8.05 RME FF800,Great River ME-1NV,a few mics ,NI Komplete,numerous VI's & plugins vDrums TD20 expanded,Superior 2 etc,,UAD2...Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata,hard drives galore.
Kullervo
KVRist
 
112 posts since 13 May, 2003

Postby Kullervo; Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 am

add one more vote for Tapatalk, in case the forum could be migrated to the last version of phbb
218
KVRist
 
82 posts since 1 Oct, 2009

Postby 218; Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Bump for tapatalk! This forum is the best but browsing on the iPhone sux!
User avatar
morelia
KVRAF
 
3967 posts since 15 May, 2002, from Brisbane , Australia

Postby morelia; Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:47 am

Is Tapatalk that much better? I don't mind using Safari to browse kvr on the iPhone. I tried the Gearslutz app but that is a much less enjoyable experience than just using Safari.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
218
KVRist
 
82 posts since 1 Oct, 2009

Postby 218; Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:20 am

Well i guess its a matter of taste but i honestly cant see how you can find
constant zooming more enjoyable than an app optimized for the screen and device your looking at:/ Really?
bendermasteringstudio
KVRer
 
6 posts since 25 Jun, 2013, from Europe

Postby bendermasteringstudio; Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 am

I'm a newcomer but iPhone support would be great.

I'm actually posting this on my iPhone and even though everything works it is not a pleasant or easy way to participate.
Miguel Marques @ bendermasteringstudio.com
User avatar
robojam
KVRAF
 
20775 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:44 am Re:

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've had problems upgrading the forum to phpbb3.x (we are still on the ancient 2.x), which is why there's still no support for this.

Now that the upgrade is in place, is there any chance of enabling Tapatalk? It's great for the forums that already support it, and it makes browsing on a mobile device so much more enjoyable.
User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
 
1808 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:52 am Re: If you want iPhone support try Tapatalk

The zooming isn't the problem on mobile Safari. The SLOWNESS is. It's near useless on iPhone 4 (and no, I didn't downgrade to iOS 7). I thought the announcement of new features for the forum upgrade included a mobile view? Can't find that anywhere.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
User avatar
chk071
KVRAF
 
2961 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:37 am Re: If you want iPhone support try Tapatalk

Now that i have a more powerful phone, the lagginess is not as bad as it used to be, but still it's ten times more comfortable to use Tapatalk, or at least have a mobile template. A mobile template would be cool, but Tapatalk would be highly appreciated. :)
User avatar
chk071
KVRAF
 
2961 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue May 06, 2014 6:35 am Re: If you want iPhone support try Tapatalk

A little bump for this, sorry for the nagging, but it'd be really cool to have this, and it shouldn't even be that much work to implement it. :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Site Stuff