A few simple (I hope) Cubase 7 questions...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love the opening Steinberg hub thingy with the videos all set to view. My mistake was in viewing them. I'm now more confused than ever on a couple of fairly simple points. Please respond to any/all of the following if you know:

1. The vid on the new Voxengo Curve 2 plug was very interesting. I'd like to try it out but I can't seem to find it. I assume its meant to be an FX insert on the Master buss, but I can't find it anywhere among the FX inserts. The vid doesn't show where to get it. Where is it?

2. I also really got some great info on the Loudness monitoring in another one of those vids. If you've seen the video, you know much of it is exploring the loudness monitoring tools in the Master channel. Unfortunately, I still haven't a clue as to how I can get those loudness tools to show up like they do in the video. Can you point me in the right direction?

3. The new Groove3 Cubase 7 Tips and Tricks video starts off with view of a Cubase 7 project that has all the track information (bar/beat, time sig, tempo, etc.) in a strip across the top of the project. MY projects don't have this, and I can't seem to get it to appear. Suggestions?

4. Finally, I've checked the vids, the manual and the preferences section, and I can't seem to find anything that allows Cubase 7 to automatically assign track COLORS. They're easy enough to assign manually, but it's a PITA to have to do it that way. Previous versions of Cubase always did this automatically--how do I get C7 to do it?

Like I said, pretty simple stuff. For most people. :bang:

As per usual, any answers are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: 1. The vid on the new Voxengo Curve 2 plug was very interesting. I'd like to try it out but I can't seem to find it. I assume its meant to be an FX insert on the Master buss, but I can't find it anywhere among the FX inserts. The vid doesn't show where to get it. Where is it?
I don't know what to say, it should be called "curveEQ" and be under EQ on the inserts. What version of C7 did you get? Maybe it isn't in the sub packages?
2. I also really got some great info on the Loudness monitoring in another one of those vids. If you've seen the video, you know much of it is exploring the loudness monitoring tools in the Master channel. Unfortunately, I still haven't a clue as to how I can get those loudness tools to show up like they do in the video. Can you point me in the right direction?
It's on the Control Room Mixer. In the devices menu it is the first option. Enable it then on the control room mixer look at the tab on the bottom right "Loudness"
3. The new Groove3 Cubase 7 Tips and Tricks video starts off with view of a Cubase 7 project that has all the track information (bar/beat, time sig, tempo, etc.) in a strip across the top of the project. MY projects don't have this, and I can't seem to get it to appear. Suggestions?
Upper left corner,2nd button from the left "Setup Window Layout". This pretty much on every major window type. If you don't see some panel, look for that little button on the window.
4. Finally, I've checked the vids, the manual and the preferences section, and I can't seem to find anything that allows Cubase 7 to automatically assign track COLORS. They're easy enough to assign manually, but it's a PITA to have to do it that way. Previous versions of Cubase always did this automatically--how do I get C7 to do it?
Auto color is broken and is supposed to be fixed in the 7.02 patch on the 18th.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

by the way, I have my plugins sorted by vendor not type. So, if you have it like that it will be listed under Voxengo

SJ_Digriz wrote:by the way, I have my plugins sorted by vendor not type. So, if you have it like that it will be listed under Voxengo
Thank you very much for taking the time. Definitely saves me some hair-pulling later.

Re: colors--good to know that I'm not going completely crazy.

Re: sorting plugs by vendor, not type. Is that something I can do automatically in preferences, or do i need to do this manually? Though I'm actually starting to like doing it by type.

Thanks again.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

BERFAB wrote: good to know that I'm not going completely crazy.
sorry, I can not confirm this.
Re: sorting plugs by vendor, not type. Is that something I can do automatically in preferences, or do i need to do this manually? Though I'm actually starting to like doing it by type.
preference under something like VST->plugins

it's towards the bottom, can't remember the exact name.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
BERFAB wrote: good to know that I'm not going completely crazy.
sorry, I can not confirm this.
:D
Berfab

SJ_Digriz wrote: Auto color is broken and is supposed to be fixed in the 7.02 patch on the 18th.
Good to know so I can plan my upgrade accordingly.

Thank you, Stainless Steel Rat.

SODDI wrote: Thank you, Stainless Steel Rat.
lol, I wonder how many people know what that is from? It was a nickname I got in high school when I seemed to be getting out of a lot of trouble that my friends didn't quite dodge.

Anyone have any idea when the demo will get posted? My dongle is patiently waiting.

I do want to have a look at the new mixer up close being that the old mixer was my number one gripe. Should be a fun demo... if they ever let the thing out of it's cage.

Demo... demo... demo... demo...

SJ_Digriz wrote:
lol, I wonder how many people know what that is from? It was a nickname I got in high school when I seemed to be getting out of a lot of trouble that my friends didn't quite dodge.
Harry Harrison just died last year at 87. My favorite book of his is the absolutely antiwar "Bill the Galactic Hero".

I thought I saw where they said around the time of the patch, but damned if I can find the comment now. sorry.

SODDI wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
Harry Harrison just died last year at 87. My favorite book of his is the absolutely antiwar "Bill the Galactic Hero".
Bill and Deathworld are great, but my heart will always be with good ol' slippery Jim.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”