IKMM, Will We Ever See An Amplitube "Effects" Module?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are some great effects in AT3, but to use them on non-guitar sources is always a headache. A stripped down "effects" module for Amplitube has been requested for years, so I ask: will this ever happen? Call it Amplitube Pedal Board and be done with it. Though if this were to happen, please include mono and stereo versions of the effects. I know stompboxes are generally not stereo, but you can cheat a little. How cool would a stereo Univibe or Phase 90 effect sound?

yeah they would need a full stereo pathway which I don't think many (any?) have

with the inclusion of the T-Racks CS, I doubt we will.. instead, I guess we will get new effects added through the T-Racks thingy.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:There are some great effects in AT3, but to use them on non-guitar sources is always a headache. A stripped down "effects" module for Amplitube has been requested for years, so I ask: will this ever happen? Call it Amplitube Pedal Board and be done with it. Though if this were to happen, please include mono and stereo versions of the effects. I know stompboxes are generally not stereo, but you can cheat a little. How cool would a stereo Univibe or Phase 90 effect sound?
Didn't you hear? It will be available on iphone shortly!

VitaminD wrote:yeah they would need a full stereo pathway which I don't think many (any?) have

with the inclusion of the T-Racks CS, I doubt we will.. instead, I guess we will get new effects added through the T-Racks thingy.
I see T-Racks effects as "studio effects" (kind of like the Rack effects in AT3), whereas I'm just looking for more of a standalone pedal board. Perhaps you're right though and the two could be combined. In fact, if IK were smart, they'd open up the T-Racks effects in the AT3 Rack, and the AT3 pedals and Rack effects and make them available in T-Racks (with true stereo processing).

That said, I still think a pedal board effect .dll for the stompboxes would be the ideal short-term solution. I'm honestly a little surprised they haven't already done it.

Every time I just want to use an AT3 stomp, I'm reminded of how much overkill it is to load the full version of AT3 on a track.

I just got Uni-V a Uni Vibe emulation for Amplitube that thing is eargasm. If only I could put a stereo version on DIVA I bet Soundtoys Phasemistress has a preset for it but could take a long time finding the one and tweaking it. The new Hendrix tape delay stomp sounds really good too.

I have to say that you are definitely more likely to see the concept of T-RackS inclusion of effects like this before a standalone "pedalboard" - though we are definitely also looking toward the new major revision of AmpliTube so there will be feature set changes on that side too.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I have to say that you are definitely more likely to see the concept of T-RackS inclusion of effects like this before a standalone "pedalboard" - though we are definitely also looking toward the new major revision of AmpliTube so there will be feature set changes on that side too.
Simply having a set of "effects only" presets using the existing stomp pedals, rotating speaker and some of the rack gear would be fantastic -- primarily aimed at processing keyboards. I set these up myself all the time, but I'd love to have "ready to go" preset choices with non-guitar focus.

Offering these type of presets (using existing gear) would be a major value added feature with very little investment.

-------------------------
Even cooler would be a method using T-RackS Shell to blend T-RackS, CSR, Amplitube and other third party VST effects into a single recall location for guitar / instrument presets. Example: I usually prefer T-RackS Vintage compressor for bass and CSR/Other Reverbs for guitar over Amplitube choices. I know I can create multiple-insert FX presets in my DAW (Cubase 7), but it would be so nice to have it all work in TRackS shell for recalling a certain processed sound for an instrument track -- especially to be used as standalone.

I'm a customer that loves the shell!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I have to say that you are definitely more likely to see the concept of T-RackS inclusion of effects like this before a standalone "pedalboard" - though we are definitely also looking toward the new major revision of AmpliTube so there will be feature set changes on that side too.
Well, if you guys are starting to scope out an AT4 now, I'd highly recommend you break the AT effects out into a smaller PedalBoard module. These effects are truly excellent, but it's annoying having to 1) load the full version of AT3 with it's RAM usage, slight latency, etc., 2) then having to go in and disable the amp/cab section, only to be left with 3) the effects with no stereo processing on the stomp side.

It's not unheard of to want to use stomp boxes on non-guitar sources where an amp/cab section would be overkill. There are also other amp sims out there that use the model of multiple .dll's, one for the full suite, one for the effects section only, one for the amp section only, one for the cab section only. It would be cool to see you guys go in that direction too.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Well, if you guys are starting to scope out an AT4 now, I'd highly recommend you break the AT effects out into a smaller PedalBoard module. These effects are truly excellent, but it's annoying having to 1) load the full version of AT3 with it's RAM usage, slight latency, etc., 2) then having to go in and disable the amp/cab section, only to be left with 3) the effects with no stereo processing on the stomp side.

It's not unheard of to want to use stomp boxes on non-guitar sources where an amp/cab section would be overkill. There are also other amp sims out there that use the model of multiple .dll's, one for the full suite, one for the effects section only, one for the amp section only, one for the cab section only. It would be cool to see you guys go in that direction too.
+1

It would be great to have an AT 'Mini' that you could just config with a half dozen or so effects as a preset.

Or the standalone models IK used in the T-Racks CS. I love having the individual plugs to throw into an insert rack anyway I want.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Line 6 really got it right when they introduced POD Farm Elements. I love being able to load only the specific component(s) I want to use on a track without loading the entire POD farm shell and all of its components.

Mudcat007 wrote:Line 6 really got it right when they introduced POD Farm Elements. I love being able to load only the specific component(s) I want to use on a track without loading the entire POD farm shell and all of its components.
Yep. Nice and sleek.

Yep, L6 did it right. It would be cool if they had a POD Farm HD with the fx from the HD 500. The Octaverb reverb is cool, I can make my guitar sound like a choir of monks with that thing.

I'd love to see a way to use the Amplitube effects in a full stereo (not dual mono) setup. Now that it's all Custom Shop, wouldn't it be feasible (and cool!) to provide a way to load the Amplitube effects you own into T-RackS?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Well, if you guys are starting to scope out an AT4 now, I'd highly recommend you break the AT effects out into a smaller PedalBoard module. These effects are truly excellent, but it's annoying having to 1) load the full version of AT3 with it's RAM usage, slight latency, etc., 2) then having to go in and disable the amp/cab section, only to be left with 3) the effects with no stereo processing on the stomp side.
+1
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Mudcat007 wrote:Line 6 really got it right when they introduced POD Farm Elements. I love being able to load only the specific component(s) I want to use on a track without loading the entire POD farm shell and all of its components.
Yes, sounds like that was one of the few things Line 6 managed to get right. People don't mind a few extra dll's if that is the case for resources being lighter, especially with something like Amplitube. Would love to see this with AT4. Also the ability to insert stomp effects into the rack (post amp/cab) too. Maybe a true amp like effects loop too, or ability to at least insert effects between amp and cab. A roto speaker sim (Hughes N Kettner Rotosphere) as a stomp effect too, as so many guitar players will use that for a Leslie speaker sound as opposed to the real thing, which will give you a different sound I am sure.

Return to “Effects”