HELP: Recording Automation From CC Messages

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've managed to get my Korg Nanokontrol2 to alter parameters. My problem is when I try to record automation of this parameter. The movements of the Nanokontrol are ignored as soon as recording begins but anything altered with my mouse records. Despite not recording the changed made on the Nanokontrol, these changes can still be heard.

I can't imagine it's impossible to record automation with a MIDI device as it seems pretty essential. Can somebody tell me where I'm going wrong.
Last edited by joethfc on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DELETED

Thanks for the reply but no, it definitely was off. As I said. I could record automation (via mouse) and also MIDI notes but not automation via my MIDI device. I can also record automation of CC0 but this is no good unless I want to be restricted to a handful of elements.

DELETED

No. Say I have CC0 assigned a a filter cutoff, it will adjust this filter cutoff but when I go to record an automation track for 'filter cutoff' nothing is read from CC0.

DELETED

Oh dear. Figured it out.

Seemed to have missed this video all this time. All I had to do was create another MIDI track.

Thanks all the same!

I guess it's still a little weird that no data appears in the lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMLhRIvMLY

DELETED

Okay I did get it working in the same track too but what's baffling and probably threw me before is that I can't see the data in the automation lane (like in the above video). Do you have this too?

Ah, so it's actually recorded the data onto the data for CC0. Back to square one. As soon as I re-assign CC0, I'll lose the automation for my parameter. D'OH!

DELETED

So I take it that I can't record data straight onto the parameter track from my controller. Recording automation with a mouse is pretty un-musical.

What I wanted was to be able to write automation straight to the 'filter cutoff' lane when using my MIDI controller. It seems that's not possible.

DELETED

At least I know now and it's not really such a crazy idea as most other DAWs work like that. Not a show-stopper either. I'll just have to stick with one CC for one piece of automation and then bounce to another track if I need more.

DELETED

Return to “energyXT”