Looking for drummers for upcoming sample library series.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, Elan Hickler here,

I'm looking for dedicated drummers for my upcoming series of drum sample libraries for Kontakt. One product is already in production. The library is geared towards electronic music; overly clean production techniques are not welcome here. :) The goal is to create a variety of sampled drumkits that are lightweight, easy to use, low-cost, and feel different from each other. I will be bringing interesting features into these products that have never been seen before. The focus will be on immediate sonic gratification rather than tweak-ability. Multiple drummers will be accepted, and the same drummer may sign on for multiple libraries.

*I will direct you in mic setup and playing techniques, although your creative input will be valued (strange drum preparation is welcome). You will be encouraged not to use sterile/perfect playing techniques in some instances.

*You will receive fair compensation in the form of royalties, to be discussed on an individual basis. I will be in charge of processing samples, creating the kontakt patch, programming, and marketing, although I may allow the drummer to take on some of these jobs for more royalties.

Requirements:
*Drum set, a good recording space (anything from a tight room to large hall will be accepted), and skills.
*Recording gear
*2 to 8 or more simultaneous recording channels (depends on what you have available and the sound we are going for)
*Skype and webcam or ability to take pictures

THERE WILL BE AN AUDITION PROCESS, post an audio link (any kind of recording be it solo or within a band) to your work in THIS thread! Discuss here! (my e-mail is argitoth@gmail.com)

Thank you,
-Elan

KVR thread
REAPER thread
Last edited by Architeuthis on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No responses yet, could anyone suggest other forums or places I might find drummers?

Architeuthis wrote:places I might find drummers?
Tried the local pub? ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Architeuthis wrote:places I might find drummers?
Tried the local pub? ;)
You mean the digital pub called Craigslist? Yes, good suggestion! I just started looking there. :)

Maybe drummers forums ?
I can make it for you, here's my drumset (picture is a commercial picture, no mine in my room).

You can't always get what you waaaant...

I am a drummer.

I have made samples for Impact soundworks and Dangerous Bear as well as for my own, now dead, sample company, but I have a different kit that I haven't sampled before (except for the snare).

I have a very dead room, and I usually record using 6 microphones.

Some of my older loops are available here: http://johngumpontheweb.com/Jazzloops.zip

And my sample set called the real snare drum is here:
http://johngumpontheweb.com/The_Real_Snare_Drum.zip

Keep in mind that Kontakt doesn't handle these sfz files. If you want to try out the real snare drum, try sforzando:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/sforzando-by-plogue

stanlea wrote:Maybe drummers forums ? I can make it for you, here's my drumset (picture is a commercial picture, no mine in my room).
Hey Stanlea, are you interested in serving as a drummer for this project? I can't tell from your post. Are you simply offering to create a forum?

Herodotus, I will send a pm asking for your e-mail to continue our conversation. Thanks for replying!

Yes I am, sorry for not being clear. I own a drumset like the one on the picture , an italian Opera Tamburo, plus a set of 4 different snares and some good cymbals too.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Did everyone who is interested get an e-mail for further instruction?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”