What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 am

I was able to save 037 on bank C, but not D. I saved it first and have not done any other C bank patch saving. just did it to test.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am

Windows 7 does not like having a question mark in the file name. hence the issue.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18475 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:20 am

Wormhelmet wrote:up to 062 on Bank D, but had to skip that #037. Weird.


i already did the first 60....i did say i was on Bank D :hihi:
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18475 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:22 am

Wormhelmet wrote:Windows 7 does not like having a question mark in the file name. hence the issue.


well done! at least i know im not going mental :lol:
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:27 am

I took out the question mark, saved it to my desktop, then cut and pasted to Bank D folder as "037 IsIt Sync.txt". Seems to work alright.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am

Kriminal wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:up to 062 on Bank D, but had to skip that #037. Weird.


i already did the first 60....i did say i was on Bank D :hihi:


oh crap. I thought you had done C.

:oops:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
mkdr
KVRian
 
1334 posts since 5 May, 2007, from Finland

Postby mkdr; Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 am

Hey wow. Cool guys! You've found a great way to help.
Thats exactly the way i saved the first bank :)
And yes you can zip the banks and email them to me at matti@mkdr.net
I can then add them to the next update.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Just emailed you a zip with B and D banks. I think kriminal will email you D also. Weird filename on patch 37 D bank that has question mark in it that caused havoc, but I renamed with no question mark.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Maybe you could make a little download link for people on the editor page. I'll work on breaking up into categories after I have all banks. Still missing C bank.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
thanoskvr
KVRer
 
11 posts since 16 Jan, 2013, from Kozani, Greece

Postby thanoskvr; Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Wormhelmet wrote:They wont transfer unfortunately from VenomControl. Different format.

Examples:

VenomEd Venomous
F0000105210102000100007F0C000000002900572D0000505132004200322C2C00000042007F413B0828003E0C3442050034003D00005000000000001E00000000050000000002150D16001414130303090800090203181A010100020106014001040004010B07040106006038400E404F7B005440404040494200407F6C775300030004644861404000007F040B5E407F7F007F04144550450100320005016440410064140019270073007F7F7F6E403C0000007F0C0E07001A00002F730000007F0000507F0E0064000050271E6436565B004F41460000005B0000004000003C5600656E6F6D6F757300202069F7

VenomControl Venomous
240 0 1 5 33 127 2 0 1 0 0 127 12 0 0 0 0 41 0 87 45 0 0 80 81 50 0 66 0 50 44 44 0 0 0 66 0 127 65 59 8 40 0 62 12 52 66 5 0 52 0 61 0 0 80 0 0 0 0 0 30 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 2 21 13 22 0 20 20 19 3 3 9 8 0 9 2 3 24 26 1 1 0 2 1 6 1 64 1 4 0 4 1 11 7 4 1 6 0 96 56 64 14 64 79 123 0 84 64 64 64 64 73 66 0 64 127 108 119 83 0 3 0 4 100 72 97 64 64 0 0 127 4 11 94 64 127 127 0 127 4 20 69 80 69 1 0 50 0 5 1 100 64 65 0 100 20 0 25 39 0 115 0 127 127 127 110 64 60 0 0 0 127 12 14 7 0 26 0 0 47 115 0 0 0 127 0 0 80 127 14 0 100 0 0 80 39 30 100 54 86 91 0 79 65 70 0 0 0 91 0 0 0 64 0 0 60 86 0 101 110 111 109 111 117 115 0 32 32 105 247


The VenomEd one is in hex and the VenomControl is exactly the same in decimal. Copy the entire VenomEd file and paste it here: http://home.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/ in the HEX box and press DECODE. Then you get the VenomControl file in the ASCII/DEC box. Paste it in an empty file. The same works the other way.
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18475 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Wormhelmet wrote:Just emailed you a zip with B and D banks. I think kriminal will email you D also. Weird filename on patch 37 D bank that has question mark in it that caused havoc, but I renamed with no question mark.


I'll start on Bank C tomorrow evening.
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Kriminal wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Just emailed you a zip with B and D banks. I think kriminal will email you D also. Weird filename on patch 37 D bank that has question mark in it that caused havoc, but I renamed with no question mark.


I'll start on Bank C tomorrow evening.


Cool. As was pointed out that one format is hex and the other decimal (although the text file for the hex one contained the entire bank in a single file rather than individuals, but its laid out logically to be able to pick out a single patch) I'll see if I can get the bonus banks converted too. There's some nice patches in there. I gotta check if they are public available banks for vysex first though. If they are, I see no reason not to convert them and ave available for VenomEd to load quickly.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1117 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:40 pm

thanoskvr wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:They wont transfer unfortunately from VenomControl. Different format.

Examples:

VenomEd Venomous
F0000105210102000100007F0C000000002900572D0000505132004200322C2C00000042007F413B0828003E0C3442050034003D00005000000000001E00000000050000000002150D16001414130303090800090203181A010100020106014001040004010B07040106006038400E404F7B005440404040494200407F6C775300030004644861404000007F040B5E407F7F007F04144550450100320005016440410064140019270073007F7F7F6E403C0000007F0C0E07001A00002F730000007F0000507F0E0064000050271E6436565B004F41460000005B0000004000003C5600656E6F6D6F757300202069F7

VenomControl Venomous
240 0 1 5 33 127 2 0 1 0 0 127 12 0 0 0 0 41 0 87 45 0 0 80 81 50 0 66 0 50 44 44 0 0 0 66 0 127 65 59 8 40 0 62 12 52 66 5 0 52 0 61 0 0 80 0 0 0 0 0 30 0 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 2 21 13 22 0 20 20 19 3 3 9 8 0 9 2 3 24 26 1 1 0 2 1 6 1 64 1 4 0 4 1 11 7 4 1 6 0 96 56 64 14 64 79 123 0 84 64 64 64 64 73 66 0 64 127 108 119 83 0 3 0 4 100 72 97 64 64 0 0 127 4 11 94 64 127 127 0 127 4 20 69 80 69 1 0 50 0 5 1 100 64 65 0 100 20 0 25 39 0 115 0 127 127 127 110 64 60 0 0 0 127 12 14 7 0 26 0 0 47 115 0 0 0 127 0 0 80 127 14 0 100 0 0 80 39 30 100 54 86 91 0 79 65 70 0 0 0 91 0 0 0 64 0 0 60 86 0 101 110 111 109 111 117 115 0 32 32 105 247


The VenomEd one is in hex and the VenomControl is exactly the same in decimal. Copy the entire VenomEd file and paste it here: http://home.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/ in the HEX box and press DECODE. Then you get the VenomControl file in the ASCII/DEC box. Paste it in an empty file. The same works the other way.


Thanks for the tip! I'll see if I can break the single bank files in hex to individual like I did with pulling the Venomous patch out of the file.

:)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18475 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

just sent off Bank C 000-040

will try and get more done tonight if possible.
Kriminal
KVRAF
 
18475 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 pm

does anyone have a list of the OSC preset waveforms (ie what the abbreviations mean) ?

i know the obvious ones

MG = Moog
MS = Korg MS
SH = Roland SH
JX = Roland JX
OB = Oberheim etc etc

anyone got a full list with possible models (ie SH-101 or SH2/3/5 ? )

thanks
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)