What would be your definition of a musician?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

neverenoughfunk wrote:
robojam wrote: Maybe people should just call themselves musicians if they make music and not worry about the size of their mouth, the amount of theory they know, whether they're drummers or not, etc.
people should do as you... get the app and push that button!!!
Really? You're happy to see musicians just get an app and push the button.

That's a bit of a 180 isn't it?

neverenoughfunk wrote:
robojam wrote: Maybe people should just call themselves musicians if they make music and not worry about the size of their mouth, the amount of theory they know, whether they're drummers or not, etc.
Okay, until now I've been posting as just a KVR member, but now I will speak as moderator. If you want to keep trying to argue that others should follow your definition, that's fine. Personal flaming isn't fine.

tl;dr version: Argue. Don't fight.

robojam wrote:OK, so out of interest, here's something of mine:

http://soundcloud.com/michael-jm/hell-e ... gh-the-fog

Am I a musician or not?

I'm interested to see if you think my ability to play instruments is adequate enough for you to decide if I'm a musician or not.
he's already decided you're not, on the basis of a few seconds worth of something or other on soundcloud. he clearly didnt understand the words 'piano improvisation' on the same page.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Meffy wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:
Okay, until now I've been posting as just a KVR member, but now I will speak as moderator. If you want to keep trying to argue that others should follow your definition, that's fine. Personal flaming isn't fine.

tl;dr version: Argue. Don't fight.
i been waiting for you to show your authority... i would have to say my points where on the subject matter... whether you like them or not...

you did not say anything about the Shatner stuff... which i felt offended... i took some one else post and turned it around... now you have a problem with it... the app joke is not funny anymore... since i flipped it around...

SAD!!!

VERY SAD!!!

But I haven't studied at the Royal Academy and Julliard for 10 years each and have the ability to play every orchestral instrument using only my ears, so am I a musician? HELL NO!!!

neverenoughfunk wrote:you did not say anything about the Shatner stuff... which i felt offended...
Would you prefer to be called Bill then?

whyterabbyt wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:no!!! i am talking about anything that shows what type of musician "you" are!!!
Sorry but its my longheld opinion that if you want to be an audience, you have to meet basic literacy standards. Just my opinion of course, but anyone who uses apostrophies the way you just did, well, i'm afraid that you're just not what Im looking for.
COOL!!!

hopefully... my basic literacy standards will improve... because i would love to hear the music of an individual with your aptitude!!!

must be some Mozart sh!t!!! i.e. a real musician!!!

debra1rlo wrote:Image
:lol:

I thought i was a musician now not so sure due to this thread.

neverenoughfunk wrote:hopefully... my basic literacy standards will improve...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Maybe.........with some.......practice.....you might.......learn.......................to....write....without..........ellipses....
neverenoughfunk wrote:must be some Mozart sh!t!!!
Which movement would that be?

whyterabbyt wrote:
that is what i thought...

question... and be honest... is it really my basic literacy or your lack of musicianship... the reason behind not showing you music?

Meffy - please note... he started with the "basic literacy" stuff... i am only questioning his musicianship... i.e. would love to hear it!!!

standalone wrote:
how about you...

do you have any music to show off your skills...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”