DCAM Synth Squad on sale again ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FXpansion site still says GBP 165. Is it limited time offer or only for limited customer base? I never bought software otherwise than via dev's sites so I cannot figure out what Dolphinmusic is and how it is related to FXpasion

recursive one wrote:FXpansion site still says GBP 165. Is it limited time offer or only for limited customer base? I never bought software otherwise than via dev's sites so I cannot figure out what Dolphinmusic is and how it is related to FXpasion
A UK Music Hardware/DJ Gear shop...selling some boxed software also!

breakmixer wrote:
recursive one wrote:FXpansion site still says GBP 165. Is it limited time offer or only for limited customer base? I never bought software otherwise than via dev's sites so I cannot figure out what Dolphinmusic is and how it is related to FXpasion
A UK Music Hardware/DJ Gear shop...selling some boxed software also!
Yeah Dolphin is safe as houses, bought from them in the past. It's the same price at dv247 and some other stores are showing £66 so i wonder if 2 is on the horizon...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

I also bought Synth Squad for about 65 euro at JJRShop (and sold Oxium at KVR). Last month I bought the Himalaya patches from FXpansion. Great stuff.

(Giving a copied passport or drivers license to someone is in most cases illegal in the Netherlands - so I wouldn't do that)

To be honest if they just upgrade the gui and rerelease as v2 I'd be happy.

_leras wrote:To be honest if they just upgrade the gui and rerelease as v2 I'd be happy.

I would like Fusor to be integrated to each. Something like Cypher is very deep already, so it's a travesty I have to open up Fusor just for sequencing/FX.

And yes, good call for new GUI.

I think it'll get a good overhaul like Guru-Geist but more in line with their newer plugins...
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Dolphin & friends are not supposed to be selling it that low, but it looks like they have a limited amount of stock left over from the December sale & there's nothing we can do to stop them. Very much a "while stocks last" thing.

Feature requests duly noted 8)
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:Feature requests duly noted 8)
Not D-Cam but Geist

Midi Learn on the Geist pads! I cannot use my MPD16 with Geist, OneSmallClue Poise drum machine can - so why can't FXpansion's! I do not want to buy an MPD32 just so I can use Geist with pads! Thanks! :wink:

How does Synth Squad hold up against the newer batch of VAs?

It was released in a very peculiar time, juuuuuust before that generation was being developed.

It's old SadPuppy.

Don't bother. All plugins released prior to 2013 are old and garbage :)

Haha, no seriously, its a great sounding synth, and like others said, the optional very high oversampling rates make it pretty much future proof.

Also, im not sure why so many hate the GUI's. I think Synth Squad looks fine, I can think of a lot of synths that look worse, and a lot of synths that people think look better than Synth Squad, actually dont look nearly as professional as Synth Squad just in terms of a GUI development standpoint.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The newer GUIs of Etch and Tremor are miles ahead of SS. Even the way the trans-mod system in Etch animates to show you where the modulation is... I miss that feature in every other plugin.

@midnight wrote: Haha, no seriously, its a great sounding synth, and like others said, the optional very high oversampling rates make it pretty much future proof.
Well, then bug fix stops when v2 comes...

I'll pay, I just hope it's compatible in some form unlike GURU to Geist (I know it's diff situation but still)
How long had DCAM in that public beta had been now? 1.5yr?

@midnight wrote:Don't bother. All plugins released prior to 2013 are old and garbage :)
Yeah, I know it can get ridiculous.
But to be fair, it has been almost half a decade. That's like 10 decades, by plugin standards!

But they keep up, huh? They oversample up to like 16x, yeah?

To be honest, I have no real clue how to evaluate a synth. Eyes lie to ears, ideas lie to ears, and such.

For "old" plugins, I think Synth Squad is still up there with the best. Can't live without them! :)
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Return to “Instruments”