AAR v1.5 is loaded as a plugin but acts as if it is bypassed when it is not bypassed.Not processing?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have been using AAR for a long time now but only recently has this problem been happening as my projects have reached a massive scale.

I'm using Logic v9 64-bit and Arts Acoustic Reverb v1.5 32-bit. On my current project I have about 90 tracks and have around 20 AAR in the project. I also need to use AAR through a bridge called the 'Audio Unit Bridge' so Logic 64-bit can process 32-bit plugins. I'm guessing this is where the problem is.

I reckon the Audio Unit bridge is getting bottlenecked or is at it's maximum capacity so it just shuts off plugins, because that's exactly what AAR is doing. The reverb plugin is on but it's not processing any audio as if to be 'bypassed', but it's not bypassed at all.

I bet the AAR v1.6 64-bit will fix this problem, but for now and for other people that may have this problem, maybe there's a fix?

Regards
Kaya

kaya wrote:Hi,

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have been using AAR for a long time now but only recently has this problem been happening as my projects have reached a massive scale.

I'm using Logic v9 64-bit and Arts Acoustic Reverb v1.5 32-bit. On my current project I have about 90 tracks and have around 20 AAR in the project. I also need to use AAR through a bridge called the 'Audio Unit Bridge' so Logic 64-bit can process 32-bit plugins. I'm guessing this is where the problem is.

I reckon the Audio Unit bridge is getting bottlenecked or is at it's maximum capacity so it just shuts off plugins, because that's exactly what AAR is doing. The reverb plugin is on but it's not processing any audio as if to be 'bypassed', but it's not bypassed at all.

I bet the AAR v1.6 64-bit will fix this problem, but for now and for other people that may have this problem, maybe there's a fix?

Regards
Kaya
Hi Kaya, very strange.I myself cannot reproduce this. I've forwarded your problem to some guys that should be able to reproduce the problem.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

kaya wrote: I bet the AAR v1.6 64-bit will fix this problem, but for now and for other people that may have this problem, maybe there's a fix?
Hi Kaya,

the 32-bit bridge is not very stable and also not very performant from my own experience, especially when loading lots of plugins as you do. I suppose that there's just an overload. Unfortunately we cannot fix this…

But with the upcoming release of the new AAR, you will be able to run it in 64 bit, which will avoid using the bridge, so I'm sure you will be able to work with as many instances as your cpu allows… ;-)

Best,
Timo
kind regards, timo

Return to “Arts Acoustic”