Who wants to be on a compilation?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just putting some feelers out. Something low-key. It'd probably be something like: People can submit a mixed (but not mastered) track. I'd choose the best ten and master the album myself. Then it'd be made available for free on Bandcamp and publicised on here and on my blog. And maybe on my record label too. And maybe a few other places too.

Anyone interested?

-Kim.

I'd like to join with my song "Alive" which I already sent you a couple of months a go during your promotional kitchen mixes criticisms. If you don't have my song anymore I can send it again.
Thanks.

A few months ago? It was the start of 2011. That was a cool track though. Have you got anything more recent?

-Kim.

Hi Kim! In what format do you need the raw files? 32-bit wav? :?:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Do you have any deadline for this? I am just finishing some tracks and they should be ready in 2 - 3 weeks time. I would be happy to send one of them.

Enroe, it'd be MP3 initially for the first round. Anyone selected to make it to the album would then be asked for an uncompressed version. 24 bit or 32 bit would be appropriate.

Tenshin111, I haven't set out a timeline yet. I'd probably allow a week or so for submissions, with publication a couple of weeks after that.

Anyway. That's what makes sense to me, but I'm open to suggestions.

-Kim.

Ok, I'll see if I can manage to finish something within a week ;)

Which genre? I have something dark ambient.

Manducator, I don't have any particular genre in mind. I I ow a lot of people here and readers of my blog are making various flavours of electronica. But I'm keeping an open mind about this.

-Kim.

That would be interesting.

My 3 most recent tracks (in the last 3 weeks) are;

Dalbergia Forest

Speculative Still Life

And

Groundhog Day

But the last one will probably get a drum and guitar melody make over.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

I'm open for fun things in general, as long as there's a little bit more concept behind it than just putting it for download on a blog or website.

MrMagneto wrote:I'm open for fun things in general, as long as there's a little bit more concept behind it than just putting it for download on a blog or website.
I also like the idea of a guiding concept. And it's certainly something that I'd like to do in the future. One might even emerge for this one.

I think I'll keep it open to begin with, at least at first, just to see what people are up to. I certainly wouldn't be expecting anyone to produce something specifically for this first compilation.

-Kim.

Ok, we're doing this. Watch my blog (http://blog.kimlajoie.com) - more details are coming soon.

-Kim.

In case anyone missed it, there are still a few days left to send in a track...

http://blog.kimlajoie.com/submissions-for-compilation/

-Kim.

Return to “Production Techniques”