bass guitar plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

realmarco wrote:technically the player isn't free, u won't be able to use it with anything else.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... ?page=2485
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout ?

Kontakt Player is free download from NI, don't even have to register it to be able to use it.

realmarco wrote:
technically the player isn't free, u won't be able to use it with anything else.
well, it costs nothing, so what definition of 'free' do you mean?

and it'll be completely useable with any NI-authorised Library ('authorised' as in 'licensed and registered through the NI service centre'), be that by NI themselves or a third party. and there are quite a lot of them, actually.

Its use with non-authorised libraries is restricted to 15-minute periods, but restarting the Player restarts the time counter.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Shameless self-promotion:

Scarbee Pre- and Jay-Bass for sale
Blue Phase Music

echopark wrote:For E-Bass I often use the Cherry Electric Bass
http://www.orangetreesamples.com/index. ... at&catId=1

For bass Amp I use

1: Vandal (I use the free Vandal SE version from the Beat Mag)
Sasha Eversmeier who coded this thing is a Bass Player.
For me the best Bass Amp plug.

2: http://www.studiodevil.com/products/vir ... s_amp_pro/
Also very good sounding Virtual Bassamp
+ 1 for Cherry Electric Bass , goes on everything I make

Hi all
So far I have been using NI authorised libraries with Kontakt and only
discovered today that it mutes on non authorised libraries.
(I didnt pay attention to details!)
Anyway so the rub is I have to fork over $400 to be able to use non authorised
libraries...is that right?
And are there any other players like kontatk which are cheaper and dont have
the restrictions of Kon 5, I still will be using Kontakt 5 but I'm not sure
if the cost ($400) is justified just to use non authorised libraries.
For example I have been trying out Amplitube 3 as I like the concept of
progressively adding amps and effects etc. I was using Kontakt 5 as a Vst and Ampliube 3 as an effect vst,this works fine but of course it times out,of course there is Guitar rig 5 but you are commited to the whole package as a
NI library.

Hope you can help or suggest options

Cheers
bryzarofwales

whyterabbyt wrote:
realmarco wrote:
technically the player isn't free, u won't be able to use it with anything else.

Its use with non-authorised libraries is restricted to 15-minute periods, but restarting the Player restarts the time counter.
yeah thats what i meant
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Well, sampletank is pretty good. It comes with a couple of "so so" bass samples. You can get the SampleTank Bass collection at eSoundz.com for only $10 right now. I bought the bass collection a few months ago. It's pretty good. Not awesome, but for only $10 and the free SampleTank (without any Kontakt-like restrictions)you can't do much better.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

On sale at the momeent costs £20: Dimension Guitars & Basses Expansion

I think the plugin instrument Dimension LE comes bundled with the library, so everything is included to load it up in a DAW.

This is why i love KVR, you always find something nice here!!!

Thank you thecontrolcentre

Jason Morin

bryzar wrote:I'm not sure if the cost ($400) is justified just to use non authorised libraries.
Uhm... I guess you didn't quite grasp the concept of how things work yet.

Kontakt is a full-blown software sampler, a product that costs $400. Price completely justified, just as is with Mach5, Halion, etc. Period.

People create instruments using Kontakt, and as there is no feature to export these instruments into standalone plugins etc., they save their instruments in Kontakt's proprietary file format. A format that Kontakt understands and can save and open.

If you want to download, open and use these instruments which others have saved, then you have to also have Kontakt - which understands the file format(s) and can turn meaningless (to you) data into a playable instrument.

Just like you wouldn't be able to open a .PSD file that someone else saved without having Photoshop or opening .XLS without Excel. (I know there is free- and shareware that can, but that's beside the point.)

So if you want to use free/cheap/non-supported libraries that others have created - go buy Kontakt. It's as simple as that. You need the product to open what the product has saved.
It's not unfair, not unjustified, not mean and not anything else.
It's just the way this sort of business works, and I fully support it.

The Kontakt "technology" is a good thing, so commercial library creators wanted to use it. But living off creating libraries for a product that costs $400 itself will prove to be very hard, and will probably result in very limited sales as not everyone can afford the full Kontakt.

So NI have created the free Kontakt Player that can play supported and licensed libraries. The result is:
* the customer base for the libraries is now a lot bigger for commercial library creators
* you don't have to get the full Kontakt to use the libraries and
* NI can pocket quite some $$$ in license fees from the creators.
(That BTW is the reason why 'licensed' Kontakt libraries are so much more expensive. Their creators aren't mean, but NI just seem to be greedy.)
bryzar wrote:For example I have been trying out Amplitube 3 as I like the concept of
progressively adding amps and effects etc.
A principle like that wouldn't work with an 'open' product like Kontakt, where everybody and his brother can create content. Because that would mean establishing and maintaining (incl. backups, refreshs, keeping up to date) a centralised data base with all possible entries.

Amplitube is a 'closed' product. 'Closed' meaning, that only IK can add or remove modules from the product. You can't just make an amp or a cabinet or a microphone and share it with the world. Or can you?

With Kontakt you can do just that. Create, share, use.

I really don't see what's not to get about this concept.
Or are you one of those who believes that everything in the world has to be free?

The intelligent move would be to get a cheap officially licensed Kontakt library, and then grab a Kontakt cross-grade. You can check NI's website for supported libraries. Saved me helluva lot of money.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

You can try a demo version of ManyBass, available on our website.
www.manytone.com
The demo is limited to one soundset but will give you an idea of the product.
The full version covers quite a number of Bass sounds.
Paul
(self promo mode off ) ;-)
Last edited by manytone on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Chokehold
Just to clarify a couple of things ...4 weeks ago I had never heard of a DAW or a VST or a "convolution reverb" etc so there is a fair amount of apprehension
and uncertainty going on.
I think the Kontakt concept is excellent I have a few Kontakt supported libraries (Chris Hein Virtual instruments, Scarbee Rickenbacker etc which weren't cheap... I dont expect everything to be free...if you want quality you pay.I could have used Shortcircuit for free but I payed for Sample Tank V2 because of its capabilities.Same with my reverbs I paid for them
I took umbrage to...
I really don't see what's not to get about this concept.
Or are you one of those who believes that everything in the world has to be free?
javascript:emoticon(':?')javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Anyway my issues have been sorted and its just another part of a learning curve and there will plenty more issues to come.I always look into any suggestions put forward by forum members, at the moment I am a novice/noob.

Cheers
Bryzar
bryzarofwales

Return to “Instruments”