Sausage fattener - can you recommend it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been tempted to buy this for a while and at the price is seems to be a steel BUT I'm still a sucker for buying plugs that I just never use

I need to beef up some tracks,is this amazing or just ok

I like to use it on full mixes (dance) just before the limiter and I like it.

I don't know on what you want to use the sausage fattener but if it's on a full mix, you could send me the mix (or a minute of the full mix) and I could send it back after running it through the sausage fattener. That way you could decide whether it is for you or not.

I have it and use it a bit, if you're recording acoustic or an orchestra you may not get so much use (tho I have used it on acoustic guitar) it works ok on subtler settings too'-you can shape the focus of the tone emphasis a bit with it too.. I find it handy to have around

i would never use it on a mix. just single synth leads, to make them fat and stand out. works a 100% everytime.
Finally!

Try XFer's free OTT which is cool in small doses IMO

samsam wrote:Try XFer's free OTT which is cool in small doses IMO
wow,i just tried that,sounds amazing to my ears,is this on the same level as Sausage Fattener?

damoog wrote:
wow,i just tried that,sounds amazing to my ears,is this on the same level as Sausage Fattener?
Dunno, haven't got SF but really like OTT so thought I'd recommend it

yeah that was well recommended,cheers :-o

I use Youwashock VST, it's free:

https://sites.google.com/site/youwashockvst/

Might be usefull for your needs. Sausage Fattener is interesting though...

I have it and used it a few times on tracks and mixes and found i could get just as good results with some saturator, parallel compression and coloring using my host plugins.
Don't really use it anymore. It's nice but it's not really that "go-to" special.

damoog wrote:
Glad you mentioned that one too! :tu:

If you own Reaktor, you could just get this, its free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2R937K_CyI

You Wa Shock ! is VST/Winamp effect for brighten up and maximize any truck you hand him.

Use: Though nothing can bring back the missing particle You Wa Shock ! strength is in the behind parts. Excrete excite sound for your trucks. Push harder for more excite sound. The knob will go up. You can operate You Wa Shock ! as early as possible in the truck or to be late. The 4 A B C D fixings create new crunch excrete. Listen for a happy sound.
:lol:
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:
You Wa Shock ! is VST/Winamp effect for brighten up and maximize any truck you hand him.

Use: Though nothing can bring back the missing particle You Wa Shock ! strength is in the behind parts. Excrete excite sound for your trucks. Push harder for more excite sound. The knob will go up. You can operate You Wa Shock ! as early as possible in the truck or to be late. The 4 A B C D fixings create new crunch excrete. Listen for a happy sound.
:lol:
You read that entire paragraph and you only found "Listen for a happy sound" to be funny? I really think you should re-read it.
[Insert Signature Here]

I think most of it was hilarious :D Probably the funniest translation i've read so far :)
:hug:

Return to “Effects”