Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

Incredible sound just like Micro Q and its a vst rolls perfectly in my computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avqvJbKYiMg

As Komplexer long seem have been abandoned by the developer, I have petitioned them about setting it "free as is".

Got a promising answer from TERRATEC-NOXON Vertriebs GmbH about a month ago:
thank you for your suggestions. We will forward this to our product management. We can't promise you, that we can publish the Komplexer as a freeware, because there also are external developers involved and we just have distributed the software...
Maybe it's time to send them a reminder?

In case you are looking online, you may find the last update. I have the last update + a little extra sound banks unbelievable that it rolls on my new windows 7 64 bit computer Intell perfectly without any problems. Pirate site is probably the only way to get it.

Im convinced that it is possible to release virus as a vst after I started using komplexor.

mikedw wrote:In case you are looking online, you may find the last update. I have the last update + a little extra sound banks unbelievable that it rolls on my new windows 7 64 bit computer Intell perfectly without any problems. Pirate site is probably the only way to get it.
Yeah, but we can't use pirated software.

Need the consent of the developer. It would be great if they could go along with setting it "free as is".

mikedw wrote:Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

Incredible sound just like Micro Q and its a vst rolls perfectly in my computer.
I reviewed Komplexer and have a Waldorf Q; they don't sound the same.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

DevonB wrote:
mikedw wrote:Anyone running with Terratec Komplexer?

I reviewed Komplexer and have a Waldorf Q; they don't sound the same.

Devon
Describe the differences.

mikedw wrote:In case you are looking online, you may find the last update. I have the last update + a little extra sound banks unbelievable that it rolls on my new windows 7 64 bit computer Intell perfectly without any problems. Pirate site is probably the only way to get it.

Im convinced that it is possible to release virus as a vst after I started using komplexor.
Wrong.
Jrrshop.com do still have it for sale.
http://www.jrrshop.com/terratec-komplexer

Great synth and still runs fine. I think it is one of the best sounding VST synths I have seen. Those lush metallic pads... :love: It can also pull of a competent analogue sound if needed.

And it does import MicroQ soundbanks fairly well.
No signature here!

isnt largo the (unofficial) new komplexer?
ImageImageImage

Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.

Numanoid wrote:As Komplexer long seem have been abandoned by the developer, I have petitioned them about setting it "free as is".

Got a promising answer from TERRATEC-NOXON Vertriebs GmbH about a month ago:
thank you for your suggestions. We will forward this to our product management. We can't promise you, that we can publish the Komplexer as a freeware, because there also are external developers involved and we just have distributed the software...
Maybe it's time to send them a reminder?
i think you can forget that ;-)

The "external developer" now runs Waldorf - why would he agree to release a product as freeware that is in direct competition to something he currently sells himself?

MicroQ -> Komplexer -> Largo/Blofeld
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

izonin wrote:Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.
so is it correct to say, for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?

that was my impression of the situation.
ImageImageImage

Except it doesn't have those very useful macro knobs.

Or the ability to import patches from its hardware predecessors

chaosWyrM wrote:
izonin wrote:Largo is the same synth with better filters, minus the ability to import wavetables. And yes, Micro Q sounds very different. Komplexer doesn't have the same filters/filter drive algos as uQ.
so is it correct to say, for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?

that was my impression of the situation.
IMO yes. I doubt that Waldorf will allow a freeware alternative to Largo.
Stefan Stenzel who is developer + CEO of Waldorf Music was part of the Komplexer development team.

AFAIK Komplexer was done at the time when Waldorf disappeared for a few years.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

for anyone who really wants komplexer, but cant find it or doesnt want to use abandonware, they should just get largo?
Doesn't it make more sense to add €100 and get Blofeld instead of Largo?

Return to “Instruments”