Tokyo Dawn Labs - Feedback Compressor II - beta 7 (mac only)

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FabienTDR wrote:Ah thanks, here's the devil:
Delfinoverde wrote:Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
After a little googling, it looks like a common issue. So, I can't promise anything, but should be able to fix it next week!
"Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib"
That seemed very strange to me indeed! :-o

Thank you again Fabien :wink:

Delfinoverde wrote:@ Spitfire31
From your point of view - Leopard MAC System might be ancient, but it isn't!
Many developers still provide valid plug-ins for it. Not everybody can afford it to upgrade their Mac every half a year! Plus with upgrading you'll probably loose many previous solid working software. :hihi:
FYI, Mac OS 10.5 Leopard was released in the fall of 2007. More than five years ago, not "half a year".

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

FabienTDR wrote:
trapmoo wrote:After several false starts - YAY! There is still problem with AU though on Studio One 2.5 - plugin loads, but no GUI appears. The problem is there in both versions - 32bit and 64bit. Now, I have seen similar bugs in the past in Studio One (at some point all 64bit VST JUCE plugins failed to show GUI), so I recommend to contact Studio One developers. VST version works fine as do both AU and VST versions in Reaper.
Oh, this is interesting. I remember seeing a post in the JUCE forum saying that plug-ins work again in the Studio One 64bit since the last (SO) update. I will have a closer look at the problem!
OK, I had some more time to test and discovered that the GUI of AU version appears fine if there is no VST version used in the project before. Ie the problem is there if you mix formats in the project. Use VST first and then AU -> no GUI in AU. Use AU first and the VST -> all is OK.

I'm not saying that it's something that's top priority of course, but it would be nice to see fixed. In the current state of Studio One it might happen with all of us that you mix plugin formats in the project accidentally. I also have seen the very same problem with Slate Digital VCC, I reported it to Presonus, but they closed the case with comment "Slate Digital is aware of the problem". If it's true, then it's something that should be fixed in the plugin. I don't know details, so recommendation to contact Presonus is still valid :).

Many thanks again for your work!

trapmoo wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:
trapmoo wrote:After several false starts - YAY! There is still problem with AU though on Studio One 2.5 - plugin loads, but no GUI appears. The problem is there in both versions - 32bit and 64bit. Now, I have seen similar bugs in the past in Studio One (at some point all 64bit VST JUCE plugins failed to show GUI), so I recommend to contact Studio One developers. VST version works fine as do both AU and VST versions in Reaper.
Oh, this is interesting. I remember seeing a post in the JUCE forum saying that plug-ins work again in the Studio One 64bit since the last (SO) update. I will have a closer look at the problem!
OK, I had some more time to test and discovered that the GUI of AU version appears fine if there is no VST version used in the project before. Ie the problem is there if you mix formats in the project. Use VST first and then AU -> no GUI in AU. Use AU first and the VST -> all is OK.

I'm not saying that it's something that's top priority of course, but it would be nice to see fixed. In the current state of Studio One it might happen with all of us that you mix plugin formats in the project accidentally. I also have seen the very same problem with Slate Digital VCC, I reported it to Presonus, but they closed the case with comment "Slate Digital is aware of the problem". If it's true, then it's something that should be fixed in the plugin. I don't know details, so recommendation to contact Presonus is still valid :).
Thank you, that's very helpful!
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

@Delfinoverde: Just a brief update, I'm still fighting with your "Expected in: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib" issues. I know why this happens, but still didn't find a way to "correct" it.

FabienTDR wrote:
trapmoo wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:

Thank you, that's very helpful!
I got report that it also happens with Cytomic The Glue, so I suspect it's in fact yet another generic "JUCE plugins in Studio One" issue. I reopened the case with updated info in Presonus customer support. Will see ...

Thank you trapmoo

My GOD this compressor sounds amazing. At the risk of being hyperbolic, this is already sounding like one of the very best software compressors I've ever used - you've got a real gem on your hands here, and thanks so much for porting it to Mac!

I haven't had any bugs so far with Cubase 7, 32- or 64-bit on OS X 10.8.2. The dials turn very slowly though, compared to other VSTs. Using the mousewheel seems faster.

Q: Is this going to be payware when it's out of beta?

bduffy wrote:My GOD this compressor sounds amazing. At the risk of being hyperbolic, this is already sounding like one of the very best software compressors I've ever used - you've got a real gem on your hands here, and thanks so much for porting it to Mac!

I haven't had any bugs so far with Cubase 7, 32- or 64-bit on OS X 10.8.2. The dials turn very slowly though, compared to other VSTs. Using the mousewheel seems faster.

No, it will remain free. It's probably a "demo" for a potential "snob/master of the universe/deluxe" edition. ;)

The mouse/control thing is intentional, it has velocity based behaviour. Small movements trigger small value changes, faster movements trigger much bigger changes.

Thank you for the flowers and the compatibility infos!

I'm working on Beta 8, most of all trying to squeeze out the last performance bits.

FabienTDR wrote:
bduffy wrote:My GOD this compressor sounds amazing. At the risk of being hyperbolic, this is already sounding like one of the very best software compressors I've ever used - you've got a real gem on your hands here, and thanks so much for porting it to Mac!

No, it will remain free. It's probably a "demo" for a potential "snob/master of the universe/deluxe" edition. ;)

The mouse/control thing is intentional, it has velocity based behaviour. Small movements trigger small value changes, faster movements trigger much bigger changes.

Thank you for the flowers and the compatibility infos!

I'm working on Beta 8, most of all trying to squeeze out the last performance bits.
Great news all around! I'll keep putting it through its paces.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”