Mac Plugin compatibility issue list

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys - please can you let us know which 3rd party FX/VI's are working and which are not.

We will be turning our attention to debugging the list in a couple of weeks so it will help us greatly if you can let us know the problem areas.

Please list the OS version, plugin vendor and name.

Many thanks.
Tracktion Software Corporation

Zynaptiq Unveil - VST versions crash Tracktion on insert. AU versions work properly.

Download demo here: http://www.zynaptiq.com/unveil/downloads/

OSX 10.8.2
Last edited by ModuLR on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ModuLR / Radio

izotope Spectron fails scan

Korg Wavestation is unstable.

Mountain Lion OS-X

Everything else of mine is working so far - you don't want me to list them all I hope :)

EZdrummer crashes as clips are added, or the clips are too short to loop properly.

OS X 6.8

Thanks.

AAS Lounge Lizard EP4. Crashes Tracktion latest build when changing presets from manage screen.
Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Pianoteq Play Audiounit. Records midi and plays, but won't render. The VST version does render.

Plugin Scan failure:

VST-Plugins:

Synth:
- Eisenberg Audio EINKLANG (still only VST version available)
- FAW Circle
- IK Multimedia Sampletank 2

Effects:
- BBE Sonic Sweet VST (D82 Sonic Maximizer, H82 Harmonic Maximizer und L82 Loudness Maximizer)
- Native Instuments FM8 FX, Reaktor 5 FX

AU-Plugins:

Synth:
- FAW Circle
- IMEA Groove Drum Synth (VST works)
- DaSample Cinematix, Bassline, Qpads
- Tone 2 ElectraX (VST works)
- IK Multimedia Sampletank 2

...to be continued...

System:
- Mountain Lion OS-X
- T 4.0.5

By the way, plugin scan at startup still doesn't work. I have to do a manual re-scan every time I update/add a plugin. :(

edit: The new Beta of EINKLANG (VSTi+AUi) will both run in T 4.1.11
edti: BBE Sonic Sweet VST now work in 4.1.13
Last edited by mfkne on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lost in Music...

^^^^
Plug in scan doesn't work automatically for me too...same os ML10.8.2 and T4.0.5

mfkne wrote: By the way, plugin scan at startup still doesn't work. I have to do a manual re-scan every time I update/add a plugin. :(
I seem to recall Jules stating that he was removing that as an option. Maybe he removed it, but forgot to remove the checkbox.

bk wrote:
mfkne wrote: By the way, plugin scan at startup still doesn't work. I have to do a manual re-scan every time I update/add a plugin. :(
I seem to recall Jules stating that he was removing that as an option. Maybe he removed it, but forgot to remove the checkbox.
I would prefer to do an automatic lookup by Tracktion for changed plugins. I have got round about 200 plugins or so, many get steady updates. To do it manually at every start of Tracktion wouldn't be comfortable to me...
Lost in Music...

With AU on OS X 10.7.5, I can't get past Waves (Mercury bundle) -- too many errors to practically run a full scan. With VST, these are failing:

Antares AVOX DUO, AVOX Warm, MIc Mod EFX and Brass2
MOTU Symphonic Instrument
u-He Diva, Uhbik-P, Uhbik-T, ZebraHZ and ZRev (worked ok until most recent u-He release earlier this week)

Thanks.

Sample Tank 2 AU. Scans but no GUI. The VST Sampletank 2 works fine.

edit: the VST version crashed Tracktion when used in a rack.

Scans but no gui :
AU : IK Sampletank 2.5
IK Sampletron
IK Ampeg SVX
Xln audio Addictive drums: crash T4 with an aux insert effect on the track (In real time).

T4.0.5
Os 10.8.2

PSP Vintage Warmer AU - interface non responsive

OSX 10.8.2
Tracktion 4.0.5
ModuLR / Radio

The new Discovery Pro 6 seems to have just the generic gui for the au.

Return to “Tracktion”