3 more pedal kits on the way

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stage 3 booster from GuitarPCB (bought the kit from mammoth electronics), this will work nicely with both guitar and bass (has a switch to toggle between the two) so it's my hope it will suit the baritone as well.

BYOC OD2 (another ts mutant)

Also a Marshall BluesBreaker kit fro GGG minus the enclosure. I save 12 dollars by not getting the enclosure and I ordered a painted enclosure (pre-drilled) from mammoth for $12.40. (blue of course)

I also ordered twree painted enclosures for my ts clone, od2 and for my Brian May treble boost I built. Then from GuitarPCB I ordered 5 of these for future builds and these three new builds.

I might build some fx pedals as well, but right now I'm sticking with OD and distortion pedals because I dont use much fx pedals, nor am I big on fuzz boxes.

Pics will follow when all is built...last summer I wanted to start building one pedal a month for a while but then my wife got injured at work. Now we're on track o there will be more :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Bluesbreaker kit arrived days ago, shipped out the same day I ordered it :tu:

BYOC OD2 will be here Monday but it was added after (ordered a week ago on the 15th) and it's on the west coast traveling ups ground so that is exactly when I expected it :tu:

The five footswitch boards came in the mail a few days ago :tu:

Then there is Mammoth Electronics, order placed on the 12th and I was told that two enclosures were back ordered a couple of days later. I called and they said they would be shipped out by Wednesday (I also added the BYOC enclosure to the order then when they said Wednesday), they were not so I called yesterday. They said absolutely would be shipped out by the end of the day and I would have a tracking number by days end. No shipping email, no tracking number and I cant build any of the pedals except the BYOC until that order arrives (and then in that order is a painted enclose for that). IMO they should have shipped everything else and sent me the enclosures when they got them (they should in the year 2013 have posted on their site if things are in stock or not)...not very happy with Mammoth...I dont like being shined along...not very professional at all :?

edit: Mammoth order will be here tuesday the 26th
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hey Hink,

Have you seen this (real) optical tremolo pedal DIY project before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31pgOcLlCo0

that's cool, but tbh I'm not big on tremolo...still that's pretty cool :)

:tu: cool kits i suck at soldering probably my cheap ole iron though ..

byoc od 2 in da house....tomorrow brings all the rest

nice!

i have some bits i need to do once it warms up here :)

I still have those pups in my car you know, I didn't try the regular post office which would probably not cost that much (remember I had a gift for you included, one of my homemade brass picks)

hehe, yep, i just figured youd got busy and forgotten. felt cheeky pestering about them :oops:

send me your new addy

hit some snags, BYOC sent me an email last week asking me to see if the switches were in the kit, they were but when I started to work on it there was only one pot. They shipped the pots to me Friday and they arrived yesterday.

While changing enclosures for the pedal I built last year I busted a cap, I should have ordered it from BYOC but I went with mammoth because I wanted another enclosure, they took three business days (5 days total) to ship those plus different color leds and they will be here tomorrow. I am not blown away by mammoth tbh but I'm not turned off either, but byoc and ggg is much better imo.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”