BR: Rendering is broken

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a bit concerned about the new audio renderer in T4. It sounds a bit off compared to T3.

I'll investigate some more, but I just rendered a track at 44100 32-bit to do a test and the T4 render came out a mess. Buzzy. Wrong.

Edit: I've just rendered at 16-bit and it sounds exactly the same. And at 1x play-speed. This is a total mess.
Last edited by fromwithin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

Others have expressed issues with rendering, but others have no problems. It would be good to report your OS, version of T and if it was a particular plugin you were trying to render.

In T4.0.4 on WinXP, I have rendered midi to audio, and audio to audio without problems.
Last edited by bk on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just rendered a few clips (no midi) and everything went fine. I'm using Windows XP Home w/ SP3. Intel core2duo. T4050
Last edited by Integratron on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I'm on XP.

Tracktion is 4.0.4.0.

I'm rendering a full track. I'm just doing some more tests to find out what it is.

Ok.

The main culprit seems to be SampleTank2 when used inside a Rack.

A single track has a few clicks in, but the more tracks piped into (and out of) the Rack, the worse it gets.

Having a separate instance per-track instead of using a single Rack renders okay.

I tried another track that also uses SampleTank2 in a rack and it's less severe, but the final output is still clicky and poor.

I also have a problem with DVS Neon Gate (http://www.dreamvortex.co.uk/effects/). The output is unusable with the rhythm all messed up half of the time.

I have had no problems at all with realtime playback.

+1 also EZdrummer in a rack and 8 multi outputs causes pops n clicks, only when rendered . But by itself on a track ( not in rack ) renders fine .

Windows7 64 , i7 920 6gb ram , 64gb ssd , 2 x 500gb 7200 hdd , gigabyte mobo , echo audiofire4
Last edited by fedexnman on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Might be a good idea to post your findings in the appropriate Mac/Win plugin compatibility threads that TSC started.

Hi to all,

I can confirm: EZdrummer and SampleTank 2 both have problems with rendering, even on version 4.0.5, same situation, broken renedered file...

Guys 'n Gals, in a BR thread (even if you're just making a 'me too' post), PLEASE state your system specs!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I had the same problem and resolved it at all by deleting racks from tracks channel, I have still a rack on master bus but now rendering is fine. I am on MacBook Pro, MAC OS 10.8.2, Tracktion 4.0.5
I had 2 plugins per track by Audiowindows (BussColors3, ButterComp) inside a rack, i deleted the rack and inserted the plugins directly on the channel and now rendering is fine.
I still have a Master Bus rack with six plugins from AirWindows (Console2Buss, ButterComp, Energy, ToTape3, ADClip3, Ditherbox) plus SPAN by Voxengo, but since it is working now I am not going to delete the rack.

Just wanted to chirp in about bad sounding renders.

If you accidentally hit the 'RMS Level' option box while you're, say, developing the most amazing T4 colour theme and then later render a file and discover it's all square waves with a few clicks, you might go WTF?

The RMS level and Normalize functions need to be hidden away under an Advanced, but Useless tab. It's 2012, or later in most time zones - we don't need Normalize or sneaky random RMS level settings in the host anymore. We have fancy 3rd party VST plugins for that sort if thing now.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:The RMS level and Normalize functions need to be hidden away under an Advanced, but Useless tab. It's 2012, or later in most time zones - we don't need Normalize or sneaky random RMS level settings in the host anymore. We have fancy 3rd party VST plugins for that sort if thing now.
Hear, hear!

I concur.

/Joachim

I'll meet you both half way. I use the normalize. It's very convenient imho. 8)
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

mandolarian wrote: The RMS level and Normalize functions need to be hidden away under an Advanced, but Useless tab. we don't need Normalize or sneaky random RMS level settings in the host anymore. We have fancy 3rd party VST plugins for that sort if thing now.
I agree even though I use the normalize option
mandolarian wrote:It's 2012, or later in most time zones -
Where do you live? :shock:
It's been 2013 for almost months now here on Germany :hihi:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Just being curious - what do you use Normalize for (possibly with the exception of preparing audio for sample instruments) that isn't better handled by a limiter?

/Joachim

Return to “Tracktion”