ValhallaVintageVerb

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it's a great idea to segregate reverb algorythm and quality of interpolation/modulation!

I haven't heard new plugin yet (yes, it's a idiotic post). Interesting how this new reverb is being positioned on the market? There is Valhalla Room already and at the same price. Judging the features these reverbs are placing relatively close to each other, and I am sure VVV's sound still the same superb as VR's.

Nice GUI!

Just bought it, there's always room for valhalla stuff on my HD. :hail:

Well, touching the demo. Sounds gorgeous. Still can't figure the main marketing differentiation between VR and VVV. Though there are some interesting moments. Random space can create very clean drone sounds, different to typical pitch modulated. And there is also good plate algorithm.

Ideal for me ValhallaDSP reverb has to have hybrid "random + chorus" algorithm and crossfade between both these modulation types.

Edit: Well, I still prefer the VR. But I would want to have separate algorithm/quality controls in VR too, and also random space modulation (especially if combined with pitch modulation).

trance_lucent wrote:Well, touching the demo. Sounds gorgeous. Still can't figure the main marketing differentiation between VR and VVV. Though there are some interesting moments. Random space can create very clean drone sounds, different to typical pitch modulated. And there is also good plate algorithm.
ValhallaRoom and ValhallaVintageVerb have very different algorithms under the hood, with VintageVerb being influenced by various older Lexicon hardware reverbs.
Ideal for me ValhallaDSP reverb has to have hybrid "random + chorus" algorithm and crossfade between both these modulation types.
The chorus modulation in VintageVerb and the random modulation in VintageVerb can't be combined, as they do VERY incompatible things in the same areas of an algorithm. This is why I included Random Space and Chorus Space: identical algorithms, except for the modulation used.

The random modulation in Random Space can't just be added to a given algorithm. Most of the ValhallaRoom algorithms don't even use the blocks I am randomizing in RandomSpace, and adding them would completely transform the sounds of those algorithms.

Sean Costello

Hy sean,

can we expect some new weird stuff from u in the next time?
🇷🇺

greententacle wrote:Hy sean,

I'm way too exhausted from the work involved in getting this plugin out the door to be thinking about the "next time" right now.

valhallasound wrote:
greententacle wrote:Hy sean,

I'm way too exhausted from the work involved in getting this plugin out the door to be thinking about the "next time" right now.
You seem to be rewarded for your investment...
I myself will buy this masterpiece as soon as I get the fund!

i like the deapth-fader in valhallaRoom. how can i achieve the same effect in the vintageverb? it is not the same as to use the mix controller.
sorry, i do not speak english well.

con_sordino wrote:i like the deapth-fader in valhallaRoom. how can i achieve the same effect in the vintageverb? it is not the same as to use the mix controller.
The Ambience algorithm in ValhallaVintageVerb has a similar effect, by adjusting the Attack control. In the rest of the VeeThree algorithms, the Attack control can simulate the effect of changing the "microphone depth," but in a different way than in ValhallaRoom.

Sean Costello

thanks for the useful tip. the effect is not the same, but it does help.
sorry, i do not speak english well.

Almost bought it on impulse, without hearing it, based solely on the Kurt Vonnegut reference. :love:

I'll at least demo it first though! I have my dignity!

Hi, Sean!

Just a quick suggestion: what about taking the ideia of the lockable MIX knob to the plugin GUI?
I absolutely love the earthly tones and find it hard to cope with the blinding white of the NOW bandwidth. It wouldn't hurt the plugin nor affect any user experience to allow one to choose a fixed or automatically changeable GUI, just like the MIX knob.
Say you click on the name of the plugin, or the label of the bandwidth type...

Great plugin, by the way. I'm loving it as well as VRoom!

I'm feeling like VVV has such a great sound and so much variety within it's different algorithms that I'm having a hard time believing that I'll ever really use anything else!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm feeling like VVV has such a great sound and so much variety within it's different algorithms that I'm having a hard time believing that I'll ever really use anything else!
My thoughts exactly. :)

Almost bought it on impulse, without hearing it
I don't think you can buy a parametric reverb on impulse.

Sorry...

Return to “Valhalla DSP”