PRODUCTS

Crysonic has Transilate
http://www.crysonic.com/transilate.html
Which can be had for cheap in their enldess sales
The more you learn - the less you understand

in addition to dominion I like voxengo transgainer:

http://www.voxengo.com/product/transgainer/

So here's something funny that I can't explain:
1 - Place a transient shaper on a track and turn attack and sustain all the way up.
2 - Duplicate that track but take the attack and decay all the way down instead.
3 - Invert the phase of the second track.

Weird!! Can anyone figure out what's happening?

didnt read whole threas so apologies if already mentioned

SKnote Mattertone is brilliant

http://www.sknote.it/Mattertone.htm
Amazon: why not use an alternative

This thread was intended for discussions on experiences with transient shapers instead of a plain "best transient shaper" thread.

On course in the process we can all give examples of what our favorites are and debate them as well, but please discus for example;

techniques like inserting one before a reverb or delay send to affect the reverb/delay response for a smoother or "wetter" transient.
Or an interestingly overlooked one would be to use one on the side channel within an M/S config.

NAD wrote:So here's something funny that I can't explain:
1 - Place a transient shaper on a track and turn attack and sustain all the way up.
2 - Duplicate that track but take the attack and decay all the way down instead.

As expected, they cancel out.
I guess that having a separate attack and sustain on a transient shaper is somewhat like having separate dry and wet controls on a reverb for example, for workflow/convenience.

My top 3 are shaack audio Transient Shaper, DCAM EnvShaper, and A|M Pulse. I usually use the schaack for general purpose, A|M pulse for acoustic instruments, and the DCAM is still growing on me.

My favourite use is sticking one before a clipper/limiter on a drum sound, then driving the attack to distort the transient only. It's surprising how much you can clip a transient without it sounding bad. The drum just gets harder; nice.

will be curious as to what people think of alloy 2's. Too noob on the subject to have a favorite "technique" but like them for various things. The NI can be used as an FX. Don't have the lingo right but you can "wash" the sound or really tighten it up.

Still, after all these years, artifacts don't seem to be something I recognize. But it sounds as if at least the NI is good one anyways.

Well, you can do a lot of things with a transient designer. I use it in different ways :
- to move back/forward a sound in the mix. (You mainly focus on the first sound you hear. By decreasing the transient of a sound you create room for others, and vice versa)
- to bring a dead sample back to life : the first milliseconds of a sound + pitch of that sound are essential for your brain to recognize it. If you trick the sound, you trick your brain. Take a crappy hh line and slightly randomize the pitch of each hit + add a td and play with attack and release + add a smooth & light distortion and automate the gain to increase/decrease the efx. Worx on bass lines, guitars, etc.
- On sequenced military snare rolls : add a little reverb + td, sustain down. Play on attack all the way and open the sustain on big rolls. Change the "who plays that piece of crap" efx in a "who's that fu**in drummer ??" efx.

etc, etc.

My all times favourites : cubase envelopeshaper, NI transient, stilwell transient monster & magix AM Pulse (disto included)

Best invention since cheezewire ! :hihi:

I use NI's on drums mainly. Normally increase attack slightly and reduce sustain slightly on kick and snare.

Some great stuff in this thread, thanks everybody! :tu:
Let's keep it going!

Has anyone tryed extreme settings on a steady pink noize track? :hihi:

3ee wrote:

I guess that having a separate attack and sustain on a transient shaper is somewhat like having separate dry and wet controls on a reverb for example, for workflow/convenience.
Not when I tried it! Got this weird clicky/pumping sound...

NAD wrote:
3ee wrote:

Not when I tried it! Got this weird clicky/pumping sound...
With what plugin?
I tried with NI Transient Master.

Some transient shapers as I noticed, have a "different" detection circuit.
anyway, disable the limiter function if any and keep levels below -1 db to see if you experience any clicking or something...

I have been demoing Dont Crack Transmod this week. With Transmod's sustain up on D16 Phoscyon after a distorotion the harmonics are really brought out beautifully. Think I am going to get this plugin.

I like to add some sustain to a snare for example, then add a second transient master to pull the tail in (ala hold style decay). Using them in series can yield some good results.

Return to “Effects”