Nektar Technology release Panorama P1 and Cubase support

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote: Geoff, it's funny you mention the V-Synth... that is one of the (many) keyboards that we referenced while designing our keybed. Aside from the aftertouch, the V-Synth has my favorite feel for a semi-weighted keyboard (not that I'm much of a player).

So what you're saying is I need both. Right?

Quick question about controlling VST Instruments: It says in the description on Nektar's site that it controls instruments on Instrument tracks.

What about MIDI tracks that have instruments assigned it them?
Blue Phase Music

Is it possible to manually map the mixer, transport and instrument modes to DAWs other than Reason or Cubase?

From what I've read so far, I gathered that only internal mode would be available to other DAWs.

4lb Kitty wrote:Quick question about controlling VST Instruments: It says in the description on Nektar's site that it controls instruments on Instrument tracks.

That's a good question. I can't answer at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as I do. :)

maschinelf wrote:From what I've read so far, I gathered that only internal mode would be available to other DAWs.
That is correct.

justin3am wrote:
4lb Kitty wrote:Quick question about controlling VST Instruments: It says in the description on Nektar's site that it controls instruments on Instrument tracks.

That's a good question. I can't answer at the moment. I'll let you know as soon as I do. :)
Thanks! :)
Blue Phase Music

Thanks!!

I gotta say that even though it doesn't currently integrate with any daw I use, I like the concept because it's different enough and seems a lot smoother in practise than some of the competition.

maschinelf wrote:Thanks!!

I gotta say that even though it doesn't currently integrate with any daw I use, I like the concept because it's different enough and seems a lot smoother in practise than some of the competition.
Even if you are making assignments manually, the big display makes changing setting much easier than a lot of other controllers I've used. When you go to the Control Edit mode, all of the settings are visible on the same page and there is a graphic representation of the control you are editing. This eliminates any guess work. We have also eliminated the need for any display pages that time-out if you know what I mean. So, if you are editing a control, it won't leave the Control Edit mode just because you haven't done anything for 3 seconds.

Doing stuff like editing zones and mapping pads is also graphical. So, not only does Panorama make it possible to map things flexibly but it gives you lots of feedback so that you always know where you are and what things are mapped too.

For those who are into using the drum pads, we have a Note Learn feature that allows you to change the notes that pads transmit. If you have a bunch of drum sounds layed out across the keyboard, you can use the keyboard to audition the sounds and then the pad will aquire the note assignment of the last key you hit. It's much more intuitive than selecting a note number via a menu.

There are lots of little touches like this that we implemented to make setup easier.

@Justin,

Do you have some guidelines for mapping? I now have the P4 and i was gonna map Synthmaster and the Moog Minitaur plugin.. i could also do the Novation Ultra Nova depending on time in between sound design and production jobs :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:@Justin,

Do you have some guidelines for mapping? I now have the P4 and i was gonna map Synthmaster and the Moog Minitaur plugin.. i could also do the Novation Ultra Nova depending on time in between sound design and production jobs :-)

Rob
We already have a Minitaur preset. Load up preset 12. :)
I would suggest holding off on mapping plug-ins because it's handle a bit differently once the control surface support is implemented. Of course, you can do mapping for your own purposes. As I said earlier, the control surface stuff is stored separately from the internal preset memory.

justin3am wrote:
rob_lee wrote:@Justin,

Rob
We already have a Minitaur preset. Load up preset 12
Ok mate i never checked that :oops: I'll just map for myself for now then but let me know if you need any official templates making in future.

PS

This thing (P4) is the business, well designed indeed. I like :)

Rob

I'll definitely keep you posted.
Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

justin3am wrote:

I plan on purchasing next Friday, so if you could find an answer to this I'd really appreciate it. :)
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:
justin3am wrote:

I plan on purchasing next Friday, so if you could find an answer to this I'd really appreciate it. :)
Sorry, the way I phrased my answer was not exactly clear. I know the answer, but I can't talk about specifics at the moment. Cubase integration is still in development and some of this functionality is subject to change. Hope you understand. :)

justin3am wrote:
4lb Kitty wrote:
justin3am wrote:

Sorry, the way I phrased my answer was not exactly clear. I know the answer, but I can't talk about specifics at the moment. Cubase integration is still in development and some of this functionality is subject to change. Hope you understand. :)
Okay. :)
Blue Phase Music

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”