What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Soimmo
KVRist
 
90 posts since 14 Aug, 2011, from Moravia (CZ)

Postby Soimmo; Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 am

Last one: Largo
lnikj
KVRist
 
358 posts since 23 May, 2005

Postby lnikj; Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 am

Relieved to know I'm not mad re Predator guys. Thanks.

Have listened to your reasoning and Waldorf's sound demos and I'm going to make my last guess Largo as well.

(I can't believe it is RayBlaster as it is flavour of the month at the moment so would not be a "surprise").

Cheers.
HcDoom
KVRist
 
382 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Postby HcDoom; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am

Result is...?
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2745 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

HcDoom wrote:Result is...?


Hopefully it's Zebra :pray:


:hihi:
Vaylos
KVRist
 
58 posts since 24 Feb, 2006, from Coralville, IA

Postby Vaylos; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I think this is my last vote before the end here, but I'll go with:

ElectraX Seems like a logical choice to me.
"For art to appear, you must disappear" ~ Stephen Nachmanovitch: Free Play
adam66
KVRer
 
8 posts since 20 Mar, 2010

Postby adam66; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Diversion?
User avatar
mandolarian
KVRAF
 
2536 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from Raincoast of Grayland

Postby mandolarian; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Since I skipped reading the rules about voting early and often, I'm going to vote for Aalto. Why? It just feels like it and others have beat me to it and I won't win anyway, so the natural order of things is preserved. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.
User avatar
satYatunes
KVRAF
 
1536 posts since 22 Aug, 2006, from Charlotte

Postby satYatunes; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Zebra
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2464 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 pm

I think that Lotuzia is waiting to fill the number "slots", so the company can make the raffle for the second winner.

Have a nice day :)
Image
User avatar
Ingonator
KVRAF
 
8138 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Ingonator wrote:
There is one synth of the remaining choices that i don't have but i would be interested in but i'll keep that for me until the next vote (maybe for the 3rd place...). :wink:
I got no clue why i did not submit at least one vote for that one... :bang:
It seems to have got only 2 votes here so far.
At least two of my votes seemed to more or less "wasted" ones.

UPDATE:
Just tested the demo of that synth again (last time was some weeks ago) and it really could be THIS synth... :o


Still hope that one of my votes like e.g. ElectraX or Dune are true but i have a bad feeling at the moment.

The synth i talked about in that quote is Diversion...

It got Unison, Ping-Pong Delay, Reverb, additional waveforms (with own editor) for "digital" sounds, extra envelopes (MSEG 1-4) with simple and advanced modes, a step sequencer and two different mono modes. It offer multiple filter modes, not just a global one but also one filter for each oscillator.
Does not offer sample import but could load single cycle waves (could export waveforms done with the editor).
You also have to take care about CPU use like Laurent mentioned about his patches.


Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Cubase 7.5 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 / many plugins
User avatar
satYatunes
KVRAF
 
1536 posts since 22 Aug, 2006, from Charlotte

Postby satYatunes; Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm

He mentioned "Monolegato" mode. It was not clear in the feature list of any of the short-listed synths. There is separate Mono and Legato modes but not Monolegato. Not sure whether it was a trick or typo or what. Whatever it is the demos are excellent.
User avatar
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
 
2464 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
There is one synth of the remaining choices that i don't have but i would be interested in but i'll keep that for me until the next vote (maybe for the 3rd place...). :wink:
I got no clue why i did not submit at least one vote for that one... :bang:
It seems to have got only 2 votes here so far.
At least two of my votes seemed to more or less "wasted" ones.

UPDATE:
Just tested the demo of that synth again (last time was some weeks ago) and it really could be THIS synth... :o


Still hope that one of my votes like e.g. ElectraX or Dune are true but i have a bad feeling at the moment.

The synth i talked about in that quote is Diversion...

It got Unison, Ping-Pong Delay, Reverb, additional waveforms (with own editor) for "digital" sounds, extra envelopes (MSEG 1-4) with simple and advanced modes, a step sequencer and two different mono modes. It offer multiple filter modes, not just a global one but also one filter for each oscillator.
Does not offer sample import but could load single cycle waves (could export waveforms done with the editor).
You also have to take care about CPU use like Laurent mentioned about his patches.


Ingo


It was another of my synths to guess. But Lotuzia said about the loading samples, so i just get rid of it.
Of course, all the rest characteristics match with it.

Have a nice day :)
Image
flyinger
KVRist
 
48 posts since 29 Jul, 2011

Postby flyinger; Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:21 pm

I personally believe that Diversions Reverb sounding completely different.

I'm not sure. :scared:

I've got to run. :hihi:
Last edited by flyinger on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chroma
KVRian
 
558 posts since 10 Jan, 2010

Postby chroma; Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:24 pm

IrionDaRonin wrote:
It was another of my synths to guess. But Lotuzia said about the loading samples, so i just get rid of it.


was on the fence, except that the current version (and for a while i guess?) supports loading into wavetables, which would fit - loading samples, but not using as samples, if that is in fact the clue. so maybe. i also think the reverb sounds a little different though.
Lotuzia
KVRAF
 
7522 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 pm

satYatunes wrote:He mentioned "Monolegato" mode. It was not clear in the feature list of any of the short-listed synths. There is separate Mono and Legato modes but not Monolegato. Not sure whether it was a trick or typo or what. Whatever it is the demos are excellent.


Thanks for your kind comments on the demos.

MonoLegato : Thats the way I call it. Legato is by definition Mono, and if you employ the same exact terms than on the synth to guess, it becomes very easy. ( Not that I thought it would be so difficult, but it proved to be a little more then I thought, hence my next post ) .....
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments