What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

FL Studio - when tweaking Knobs sound Stuck

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRer

17 posts since 3 Jan, 2013

Postby Dj Reaper; Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 am

Hi,
when I load third party plugins and tweak knobs, while holding a key on my MIDI-Keyboard the Sound stops being played, until I press somewhere on the FL Interface. So every time afte3r tweaking a knob, to hear how it sounds I first need to click somwhere not on the plugin and than again open the plugin and press a key, it's very annoying and I can't make music like this :x
KVRist

321 posts since 28 Apr, 2010

Postby chaosWyrM; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm

it does that for all plug ins?

thats really odd. someone here might have an idea, but you might want to head over to the image line forums for help on that one.
KVRer

Postby Dj Reaper; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

At least with every non-FL plugin I tried it does.

I asked on the IL-Forum too somewhere, but the forum doesn't seem very well organized and I guess my post won't get read soon where I posted it.

I'll post it on the Technical Support section of the Forum again, alltough I know I shouldn't do double-posts, but in this case it's urgent and I think I posted it on the wrong section.
KVRist

Postby chaosWyrM; Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

are you using a controller? if so, have you tried assigning the parameter to a knob/slider/whatever on your controller?
KVRer

Postby Dj Reaper; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am

chaosWyrM wrote:so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

are you using a controller? if so, have you tried assigning the parameter to a knob/slider/whatever on your controller?

No, I can't hold down a key and change the parameter simultaneously and hear the sound at the same time.

After reading your post I tried to tweak the cutoff from my controller and it works! :)

Still I'd like to be able to tweak it per mouse without freezing the sound engine or whatever crazy things happen there.

EDIT:
On the IL-Forum somebody posted to disable the Auto close device option in my Audio settings and now everything (seems to) work fine. Thanks for helping!
KVRist

Postby chaosWyrM; Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 am

Dj Reaper wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:so wait...are you able to tweak and hear at the same time? you cant hold down a key and change a parameter simultaneously?

No, I can't hold down a key and change the parameter simultaneously and hear the sound at the same time.

After reading your post I tried to tweak the cutoff from my controller and it works! :)

Still I'd like to be able to tweak it per mouse without freezing the sound engine or whatever crazy things happen there.

EDIT:
On the IL-Forum somebody posted to disable the Auto close device option in my Audio settings and now everything (seems to) work fine. Thanks for helping!

oh sweet. glad you got it all sorted.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)