What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

random arpeggiator

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

iacoposk8
KVRer

24 posts since 21 May, 2010

Postby iacoposk8; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm random arpeggiator

Hello everyone! I can recommend a free plugin type arpeggiator with a random function? thanks :)
RunBeerRun
KVRAF

7142 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:36 pm

My Trashathon has 3 arps with 1-4 octaves, and you can set the righthand sides to random, which will do randomly which octave gets played.

-Windows 32bit plugin
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
gabebrunogarza1021
Banned

Postby gabebrunogarza1021; Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 pm

iacoposk8 wrote:Hello everyone! I can recommend a free plugin type arpeggiator with a random function? thanks :)

Check your DAW.
I know Logic has that in it's Arpeggiator
V'ger
KVRAF

3913 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 am

Arp!0 does nice random, you can even set for each part like for example transpose, length, gate, voices etc etc.
iacoposk8
KVRer

24 posts since 21 May, 2010

Postby iacoposk8; Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:20 am

Thank you for answer! I would be interested arp!0 but I can not get it to work in reaper! I'm reading how to do it but to no avail.
how do you?
V'ger
KVRAF

3913 posts since 15 Dec, 2009

Postby V'ger; Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

In Reaper's menu, click:
Options - Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder.
A Windows explorer window will be shown. Put the Arp!0 files in the folder called Effects there. (the midi_arpbangzero file has no extension, that is normal, don't worry about it)

Now restart Reaper and just load the arp as a normal plugin on any track.

The random features are in the settings page. To open the settings page, click the word [arp!0] in the top right of the main page.
~Pd~
KVRian

713 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 am

Not precisely an arpeggiator, more of a phrase sampler, but you might be interested in Chroma for Reaktor:

http://www.reaktortips.com/2012/12/chro ... nster.html

It allows you to quickly enter semi-random phrases and warp them on the fly while restricting the notes to a scale. An upcoming version will be midi-triggered to allow the stored phrase to be transposed by incoming MIDI pitches.
gabebrunogarza1021
Banned

Postby gabebrunogarza1021; Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:24 pm

~Pd~ wrote:Not precisely an arpeggiator, more of a phrase sampler, but you might be interested in Chroma for Reaktor:

http://www.reaktortips.com/2012/12/chro ... nster.html

It allows you to quickly enter semi-random phrases and warp them on the fly while restricting the notes to a scale. An upcoming version will be midi-triggered to allow the stored phrase to be transposed by incoming MIDI pitches.

Thanks for this, might note that you need the full Reaktor ($399) not Reaktor Player (FREE) to run this Chroma. :D
~Pd~
KVRian

713 posts since 29 Jul, 2006

Postby ~Pd~; Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:26 am

Yeah, I highlighted that in orange down near the buy button. I think I've only had one person buy one of my Reaktor ensembles without realizing it wouldn't run in the free player, and refunded the purchase when they asked.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments