BA-LA (Based LA2A) released! Demo inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by B.A.Tech. on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Does its job I guess, but it's very harsh sounding. Almost like it's messing with higher frequencies and/or transients much more than it should be.

Also, it being bypassed by default is confusing.

sounds ok! on another note nothing to do with the sound i dont like over size gui. you should go with the 500 rack module size. it does sound ok too my ears i will do more test an get back too you

This your first GUI that has zero bugs on my system. It looks nice and the switches actually all work. The sound is okay, not really close to the sound of two other high end LA2A emu's that I compared it to but it's still an okay compressor.

Pretty good sounding to my ears. Insanely fast attack that gives it quite a snap on just about anything. Bass and Snare come immediately to mind. But kicks in certain situations too.

Now, some sustain heavy it actually does a pretty good job of "fattening" it up from what I can hear when in Compression mode. The manner in which it pumps is just useful for it. When in Limit mode it creates a quieter version but the GR is much more even.

Not too bad at all. Again sounds pretty good to my ears. If you really push it the sound gets kind of grainy and the likes. I kind of like it.
nox ad umbras lucem misit.

twoifbysea wrote:high end LA2A emu's
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I think you need to say that its Windows VST only before others that use Logic and/or Macs waste their time downloading it.

@midnight wrote:Say high end one more time. I dare you!

FTFY

@midnight wrote:
twoifbysea wrote:high end LA2A emu's

Okay, I realize the absurdity of calling a plugin "high end".

are u antress?

Hi,

I added new version.

Smaller GUI
Optimized GR Meter

what are the hex nuts and alan screws for on the gui? do they tighten up the sound at all? does anyone who uses vst effects wax nostalgic about rack gear? i would wager that 99% of people who use vst effects have never even seen a rack or a piece of rack gear. there instead should be pictures of ears that have the caption "use them".

/rant

This plugin suffers from an occasional blast of pink noise it seems.

as someone who has built studios as well as racks, i will just offer that typically we used philips rack screws, and never hex bolts, nor alan screws. the purpose of the screws was to allow somewhat easy removal of the piece of rack gear. why not show some rack rails and some mogami cables in bypass mode?

Also, Rack ears are normally oblong, to allow for aligning different makes of gear symmetrically in the rack. You would see a little bit of the rack ear hole on the left and right of the rack screws.

the above picture has too many holes for your 3u plugin, just 4 holes should do it. that means 4 screws obviously.

Here are the dimensions of a rack rail:

Here is a picture of the original unit:

Dear "overhishead"

What's your problem?

Cool plugin, thanks!

I suppose your VST doesn't secure right in "overhishead's" virtual DAW. It's too loose, rattles or something. :hihi: That's so silly to be calling you out on the number of screw holes you should have on your GUI. :roll: You should re-do the GUI and put some duck tape on the sides instead. haha

sorry B.A.Tech., I should have pm'd you instead of embarrassing myself by revealing my criticisms and photo examples to support some of my claims. I will leave up my post so everyone in the KVR community can throw a tomato at me. Anyway, if you are Antress, you're a genius!

I don't claim to know much, but I know about rack screws, rack rails and rack gear so you can believe me, I am not BS-ing you.

Return to “Effects”