Side-chaining effect returns in Zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi U-he and team

Could you please tell me if it's possible to "duck" the reverb return signal?

So far I figured you can put a filter after the reverb and use the envelope to trigger the ducking.

Is there a way to do this with just pure gain reduction?

A full reading of the manual will commence, this would just help me know where to start. Thanks!

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

You can place the reverb in fxbuss and modulate return in mod matrix.
Send can be modulated with ... below, but that's not ducking?:oops:

No it's not, because you can't suddenly drop the reverb tail's gain.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

But modulate return is...

Oh sorry I didn't read your post correctly. Let me have a look!
Aiynzahev-sounds

Your right of course, there it is! awesome stuff. Very happy now :) Thanks.
Aiynzahev-sounds

welcome :D

You can also use Zebrify which has an envelop follower for some interesting effects

I do it simply by placing the reverb unit on a separate output lane (send) and as that has it's own modulation slot, I use that to duck, mainly with envelopes... (they act as monophonic as I remember, not a problem tho)

3ee wrote:I do it simply by placing the reverb unit on a separate output lane (send) and as that has it's own modulation slot, I use that to duck, mainly with envelopes... (they act as monophonic as I remember, not a problem tho)
Yes sends can be modified, but it's not the drastic sucking back that mod' the return gives. Too many wrong ideas in this post. lol
Aiynzahev-sounds

pdxindy wrote:You can also use Zebrify which has an envelop follower for some interesting effects
This is all strictly in Zebra2. Any tips that stay inside Zebra I'm all ears!
Aiynzahev-sounds

I think I got thrown off because I didn't realise how it worked, you have the front page which has so much going that I guess I thought that if it wasn't there you couldn't do it. The mod matrix is for all that "other" stuff "for the weirdos" hehe
Aiynzahev-sounds

Aiynzahev wrote:
3ee wrote:I do it simply by placing the reverb unit on a separate output lane (send) and as that has it's own modulation slot, I use that to duck, mainly with envelopes... (they act as monophonic as I remember, not a problem tho)
Yes sends can be modified, but it's not the drastic sucking back that mod' the return gives. Too many wrong ideas in this post. lol
Well, it depends what type of ducking you're after...

for technical reasons or artistic.

For technical I was referring basically to this:
https://www.box.com/s/5y6d318hvvi6m5pipctj

for ducking you will have positive amounts of send and negative amounts of modulation. (reverb dry parameter usually to minimum)

Off topic:
If I don't zip my h2p file it opens in text editor :shock: Any solutions :help:

Return to “u-he”