What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRist

407 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:18 am

wow! new wersion!
KVRist

292 posts since 17 Oct, 2006, from Franche-Comté

Postby geronimo; Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:13 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Bug Fixes

See the Alchemy and Alchemy Player release notes for the full list of bug fixes and improvements.

Note: the version numbers have been updated to v1.55.0 to avoid confusion with earlier releases. There have been some bug fixes since 1.50.2 and v1.51.0 so please ensure you update now or when the official release takes place.

Alchemy
  • Improved preset loading times
  • Improved preset scan times
  • Fixed rare crash scanning for presets
  • Fixed rare bug resulting in endless loop when loading some presets
  • Fixed rare crash when double-clicking browser attributes
  • Alchemy fails to open on non-English language installation of Win XP
  • Improved handling of AAZ files
  • Improved handling of preset comment text
  • Morph type defaults to wrong setting
  • Performance controls + labels fail to display correct values
  • Fixed memory leak when scrolling through presets
  • Fixed preset compatibility between Alchemy and Alchemy Mobile
  • Fixed rare preset recall bug in Pro Tools
  • Fixed rare mod source GUI bug in Pro Tools
  • Presets to buy now hidden by default
  • Improved compatibility with the biolabs skin
  • Scroll wheel action no longer sets AHSDR1 mod depth
  • Installer symbolic link creation now language specific
  • Fixed Cubase key command bug - space bar now starts transport
  • Fixed File Load menus when using the 64-bit Audio Unit
  • Fixed user area access for non-English OS installations
  • Enabling remote control now prompts user to download Bonjour if not installed
  • Improved Windows set up routines
  • Windows uninstall now removes 64-bit plugin

These are exactly the same bugs as the previous version (v1.50.2), I am amazed and surprised !
Do not see any negative, it's just an observation _
MacPro 2 X 2,66 GHz, D.P. 8.04 & Kontakt5, MX4 MOTU & Trash _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Clavier CamelSpace & CamelPhatt _ Alchemy and Explorer Loïc Le Pape
http://www.loiclepapesteelguitars.com/
KVRian

1162 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:52 am

geronimo wrote:
These are exactly the same bugs as the previous version (v1.50.2), I am amazed and surprised !

the list is not identical (there are 2 additional fixes listed), and with RC's / public betas its normal to list all fixes since the last official version rather than the last RC / beta.

Cheers,

Col
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
KVRist

313 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Postby sl1914; Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34 am

When you select a preset it shows Author, User tags and Comments in the UI.
I noticed that if I enter some own comment text to a preset and use characters like ä, ö, Ä or Ö those are not displayed correctly. Those are replaced with space characters.

When editing the comment text and the text is selected, those characters are shown ok.
KVRAF

4156 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

biomechanoid wrote:
geronimo wrote:

the list is not identical (there are 2 additional fixes listed), and with RC's / public betas its normal to list all fixes since the last official version rather than the last RC / beta.

Cheers,

Col

Which are what 2?

Also I have had a few 'temporary' freeze/lock ups loading presets when searching and audtioning sounds, has this been an issue that is now fixed or not known/rare? Using the new browser, I'll keep away until this RC has been tested and actual release is ready.

Cheers!
ugo
KVRAF

5452 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Which are what 2?

- Fixed rare crash when double-clicking browser attributes
- Fixed rare preset recall bug in Pro Tools
- Fixed rare mod source GUI bug in Pro Tools

Also I have had a few 'temporary' freeze/lock ups loading presets when searching and audtioning sounds, has this been an issue that is now fixed or not known/rare?

While not yet on the update list, yes actually that rare bug has been fixed too.
KVRAF

10201 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

The release notes do not list every specific bug that has been fixed - some of the entries cover multiple bugs that are related.

@breakmixer: this might be what you are looking for:

* Fixed rare bug resulting in endless loop when loading some presets

Everyone we've asked to try the v1.50.2 / v1.55.0 beta has reported this problem no longer occurs.

I noticed that if I enter some own comment text to a preset and use characters like ä, ö, Ä or Ö those are not displayed correctly. Those are replaced with space characters.

That is because our custom font is not a unicode font - it can only handled ASCII characters. It should not affect normal operation of Alchemy, and searching on these characters should work OK - it's just the display.

Developing a full unicode font is a lot of extra work, so I'm not sure if it will be possible but we could add a common character translation table for 2.0.

Peace
Andy.
KVRer

15 posts since 9 Jan, 2008

Postby TonyL; Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello all,

I'm not a regular here....just popped in to say thanks Camel Audio Support. Martin's help was prompt and thorough even though I'm using Alchemy Player freebie and the problems were mostly caused by me :roll:
KVRist

313 posts since 24 Feb, 2008

Postby sl1914; Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Hi,
That is because our custom font is not a unicode font - it can only handled ASCII characters. It should not affect normal operation of Alchemy, and searching on these characters should work OK - it's just the display.

Developing a full unicode font is a lot of extra work, so I'm not sure if it will be possible but we could add a common character translation table for 2.0.

Because those characters show ok while editing, I assume you are using a different font there?
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 am

sl1914 wrote:Because those characters show ok while editing, I assume you are using a different font there?

Yes. The font used directly on the GUI is a custom font with limited (ASCII) characters. The font used in the search field is the default OS text box font (which is Unicode).

Peace,
Andy.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 am

TonyL wrote:I'm not a regular here....just popped in to say thanks Camel Audio Support. Martin's help was prompt and thorough even though I'm using Alchemy Player freebie

Excellent - that's for letting us know :)

Peace,
Andy.
KVRist

427 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm

I upgraded Alchemy Player from the old to the new last night. The install and everything went fine, but when I open my DAW and Alchemy is scanning, it keeps asking me to point to the main Library data. I re-saved my project but every time I open the project, Alchemy keeps asking me to find the data folder. Is there a step I missed or a way to resolve this? Once I point to it, the rest of the session is great.

I'm probably going to install everything on a different laptop that does not yet have Alchemy on it. I want to see if I can get better performance out of the other laptop. Note, I don't use my computer for music (I've always been hardware based and now iPad) but after playing around with Alchemy Player last night, that might change!

Thanks for any help.
KVRist

427 posts since 27 Oct, 2011, from Pacific Northwest

Postby iPlogger; Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:01 am

Ehh...nevermind. I just decided to try Cubase and now Alchemy no longer complains and is performing much more stable. I was using Linux MultiMedia Studio before. So no more concerns. It's running great.
KVRian

758 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 am

iPlogger wrote:Ehh...nevermind. I just decided to try Cubase and now Alchemy no longer complains and is performing much more stable. I was using Linux MultiMedia Studio before. So no more concerns. It's running great.

Glad you're sorted iPlogger - I'll put the Alchemy superhero squad back into their cryogenic chambers ready for the next emergency :hihi:

Martin
KVRist

206 posts since 26 Aug, 2010

Postby Melodyshine; Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:13 am

I've got a question. Some months ago I tried the Alchemy Player 1.50 but I didn't like it because I get to see all the sound libraries and I don't want that. Is this still the same with the new version?
PreviousNext

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio