Guess the Synth 17 : Divinity 170+ presets for DIVERSION : Released

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HcDoom wrote:Result is...?
And now .... there are mainly two POVs that could be adopted, each with different consequences.

The first : The second synth has not been won according to the rules ( Nth player guessing it right, 1<n<=9 )

So we stop the little game here and nobody did win the second one :oops: :oops:

This solution however won't probably please neither you or us. ( I say us because organising such a game and managing it takes time, and part of this time I would see as lost )

The second : So that I opted for the second solution : Another day, and everyone can vote again once, and win the synth :)

Vote again, be a sonic detective, have fun, and do yourself and us a favor : Win the synth :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Then the best tip of the world to shorten even further the veryshort list that I gave two pages before :

The second winner must guess the synth in the Nth place, AND N is any number comprised between 1 and 9.

So that ....... a synth wich has been mentioned MORE than 9 times is not This Synth, otherwise, our second winner would have been found for a long time. :wink:

Then : It can't load standard waves. Standard is not there by hasard :wink: Then it has a lot of filters on board ( real filters, not extracted from .... the standard waves it can't load )

Do I need to say more ? :wink:

This synth is powerfull, it should be seen as a deep all rounder synthesizer that can be efficient in many different genres, and to create many kinds of instruments, or presets if you prefer. Thats why the audio demos were covering different genres, sonic territories, moods etc.

Good luck to all players, and thanks for participating :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Is it Rob Papen's Blue?

Now I can see your description fits the specifications well and listening to the sound examples on Blue's webpage, I hear similarities.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Nice to get another change for voting, many thanks for that. :tu:

Based on my last detailed analysis/explanation my vote goes to: Diversion

Opposing to my other votes I don't own that one so i would keep that for myself if i would win. :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Damn, another time i got a doubt just after posting my vote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Then : It can't load standard waves. Standard is not there by hasard :wink: Then it has a lot of filters on board ( real filters, not extracted from .... the standard waves it can't load )
Zebra does not load "standard" waves, it has an own format and AFAIK there is a conversion tool for WAV files...

I had sold Zebra 2 back in 2011 and i'm not sure if i'll need it again...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I am voting Diversion as well, now that I know it doesn't load standard wav files... :)

Examigan wrote:I am voting Diversion as well, now that I know it doesn't load standard wav files... :)
I hope so. It could only load/import single cycle waves but AFAIk this is done with resynthesis (additive resynthesis i think).
I just checked the demo version again and loaded a single cycle i had done for Rayblaster. It could be edited further using the spectrum editor or free draw editor so it is not imported as a "normal" waveform...

It could also export waveforms created with the editor as WAV files.

After testing the Diversion demo again i think it's really cool, especially the built-in waveform editor.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Hm, considering 2 of the synths which come into consideration have 1 and 2 votes only, this game could last another 5 days. :P And by the hint that this will be a surprise, i guess the vote count is low, so it could well be these ones...

I say Rob Papen Blue.

Well, I voted a earlier this afternoon, before the announcement of the extension.

I don't know if this kills my being able to vote again, but if my last vote does count, I shall vote

Diversion.
"Whatever you do, make good art." -- Neil Gaiman
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | YouTube | Blackjack Rose | Studio Gear List
Primary Instruments: Roland VR-730, Deepmind 12 | Other Instruments: Nord Lead 2X, Roland JD-Xi

Zebra 2 and ElectraX are already out btw, due to having been voted over 9 times. ;) There also seem to be a few synths which can be closed out because they can load wav files. Not sure with some though, Diversion e.g.

My vote for today is Diversion :)

blue?

Me too...and since Diversion is already voted for. I'll vote for a big case of Corona as it hasn't been in the running thus far. But, it does load wavs, sort of, so, maybe strike 3 for me.

This is a fun game! Making me look at synths I've overlooked before. Thanks, Lotuzia!
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Yes, thanks Lotuzia, always fun these games and a way to learn a bit more about existing synths :-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Past midnight ... better stick me on the DIVERSION list too!

Return to “Soundware”