Simple question... does MUX also run standalone?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's probably stated clearly somewhere but I'm not finding it... thx

nope

Thanks... Kinda what I thought but a few posts made it sound like it did. Too bad though that it doesn't....

MuLab runs standalone, of course, and the Session MuX is "just there", whether you use the additional features MuLab has or not. So it's pretty much redundant to have another host to wrap MuX.

Yeah, I was just hoping to replace this -

http://console.jp/en/about/about_1.html

from yearsssss ago. It works great but not 64-bit and pretty much abandoned. Basically very MUX'ish (I think) only also able to run standalone... which is cool to just open, dial in a sound chain, and then open fully formed later in a DAW. Can't really say why I prefer running it standalone, I just do? Anyway, thanks for the replies.

Or for that reason, MuLab free. If you want to use it for live projects, you'll be just fine with the 4 tracks limitations.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. I'll check them all out. I really did like the simplicity of Console and MUX just looked like nearly the same thing (though obviously with a good bit of additions) but definitely appreciate the suggestions. I guess the really good news is there seems to be a lot more options now than there was back then!

Also TobyBear's MiniHost which is my preferred choice of VST Host app, though it only loads one at a time.

Return to “MUTOOLS”