What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRist

393 posts since 21 Sep, 2011, from Northern California

Postby Panphobia; Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 pm [SOLVED] Malicious attack detected

Hello, I got a malicious attack from the dnr website today. This means that either 1. you got your web address spoofed or 2. your server is compromised. At least that is what I understand. Anyway just giving you guys a heads up. I hope it si a false alarm and your servers are still intact!
KVRAF

2738 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate, will look into it ASAP.
Eternitysound VST Banks
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Panphobia,

Had a nosey around and everything seems to be ticking along ok (did get a JAVA warning via AVG, but it promptly blocked the script and now I don't get the warning anymore). Regardless, I think it might be a false positive. May I ask what virus scanner you got the malicious attack alert from?

I tested the site with various real time sitescan apps, came clean on those, so pretty sure it would have been a false positive. I'll keep an eye on it in anyway of course.

Cheers,
George
Eternitysound VST Banks
KVRAF

4510 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 am

Might be an old file from the internet cache or someting. I remember that last year there actually was a problem where the Joomla running on the TeamDNR webserver was infected. But that was a long time ago, and since then it has been clean and secured I think.

So clean your internet cache and try again :)
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 am

Hmmm, odd, pretty sure the site runs on wordpress now...
Eternitysound VST Banks
KVRAF

4510 posts since 28 May, 2005, from Netherlands

Postby Nielzie; Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 am

GeorgeZ wrote:Hmmm, odd, pretty sure the site runs on wordpress now...

Ah yes, Wordpress, of course :dog:
KVRAF

Postby GeorgeZ; Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:37 am

WordPress, good times :P
Eternitysound VST Banks
KVRian

657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Sorry guys, we've been digging out from a massive blizzard that hit us this week. Over 3 feet of snow here :( I've just gotten back into the office and seen this report - yes, we had been hacked again a little over a week ago, and the attack rendered the administration page unavailable. No virus' or anything like that, just a malicious, unwarranted attack. I initially thought it was just me going to the wrong URL for the admin panel for the Wordpress install, but they've removed the ability to login completely. I'm talking with a friend of Reason's about creating a whole new website for us, but that may take a little time. In the meantime, he's trying to setup a way to update content on the website manually, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Steven
KVRAF

18917 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Oh ok, i have been getting a warning for weeks (no jokes)

basically every time i enter DNR and go to download section, safari and firefox tell me it's a phishing site or fraudulent site of some kind, but only when i go to download

Have always ignored it and downloaded.. i presume..this is related, or??
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRian

657 posts since 23 May, 2011

Postby DNR Collaborative; Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:13 am

No, that's literally been there for as long as the website has been there. I know Reason attempted to find a solution but never did. I've heard of it coming up for a lot of people, but bizarrely, not any of the computers in the studio or the house. Once the new website is designed and unveiled I think it should be fine. I've checked all sorts of scanning resources and did a thorough scan of the entire server contents without any issues of malware, virus and such :)

Steven
KVRAF

18917 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 am

oh ok LOL.. All good, i trusted it was completely safe hence why i always just continued.

I'll answer your kind email soon, yes, trancey is me, Theo M

Cheers
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRian

731 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Postby ZombyWoof; Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:16 pm

By mistake I typed in teamdnr.com tonight - don't try that at home, kids. That site does have a virus, and luckily my virus scanner blocked it.

Moderator: DNR Collaborative

Return to DNR Collaborative